Monday, March 14, 2011

Judgment - We Were Warned

Beads of Joy 03-14-11

Judgment - We Were Warned
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Here's a little ditty. I have heard it said in "The Ten Commandments" the movie, and I like the way it sounds, tell me what you think. In today's gospel, using the Revised Standard Version it sounds like this, "..and he will separate them one from another". Now I do realize the old testament isn't referring to what Jesus is referring to, but how does this sound, "..separate the wheat from the chaff"; doesn't that sound so biblical and ancient, like even Egyptian. LOL. Ok, maybe I am just getting goofy with the weird things I like, I really can't ever contain all this Joy of Jesus I have inside my soul. But come on, that is simple saying as Jesus is also saying, "to separate was is useful and valuable from what is worthless." This is all about Judgment Day. That inevitable day we will all face. We really need to live our lives in a fearless way, meaning that our boldness in our faith keeps us in check, so that we can maneuver throughout our days. We really need to have more fear for the sin and judgment of it, than we have fear for death. Our last day here in earth is unknown, don't you want to be ready, and not miss the train?

Once we are there standing in judgment, there won't be a second chance, there won't be anything we can do or say to fix what we may have eternally forever chosen. Our bad choices in the sins we seemed to cling to day after day, if not repented, and really tried to stop, will be our fate. God knows our heart, our intentions, our struggles and our motives. Yes we will always be a sinner, but we must not ever feel defeated and just give in and give up and say, "I can't fight these temptations anymore, besides, I'm not hurting anyone." or sadly as many say and do, "I will ask for forgiveness later in my life, I just want to have fun now." How sad for the arrogant presumption of the mercy and kindness God gives to all of us. We need to live a good life now, as if were our last day. We need peace of mind and good conscience; and in doing so it will take away that fear of death so many of us have. None of us have a choice to avoid death, but we all have a choice to avoid sin.

It is very wise to reflect on the hour of our death, and do whatever we can in the meantime to be ready, so that we are ready at all times. How do we do this? It's simple really, picture that day you stand before God in judgment, what do you know, right now in your current state spiritually that He will say? If that scares you, then you need to fix that now. Frequent confession, along with a more in-depth prayer life will help you a great deal. Add to that some really great fellowship, with some awesome sisters and brothers who love Jesus; and we can all help one another stay on the narrow path, heading straight to Jesus. I say this a lot, but I keep feeling like I need to, but for what it's worth; try to develop a life that is All About Jesus, 24/7/365. Saturate your life with Him, with no other distractions. Maybe write about your faith and share it, like I do. Or become an evangelist, and spread His love too everyone. Offer your life a living sacrifice and become a priest or sister. Just be open to those possibilities. God loves you so much, and He only wants the best for you.

Today's Gospel: Matthew 25:31-46 (The Judgment of Nations)
"When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. Then the King will say to those at his right hand, `Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.' Then the righteous will answer him, `Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?' And the King will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.' Then he will say to those at his left hand, `Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.' Then they also will answer, `Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?' Then he will answer them, `Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.' And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Questions To Ponder Today:
-What does the future hold for us, how do we prepare?
-What kind of love and mercy do we really share with others?
-Would it be fair to say, Jesus is in the hearts of the suffering?
-What kingdom is your allegiance with?
-Does this gospel better prepare you for your life ahead?
(Today, pray about helping someone you don't know with: food, money, drink)


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation
2. The Visitation
3. The Birth of Jesus
4. The Presentation in The Temple
5. Finding of Jesus in the Temple