Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You Will Drink Of My Cup

Beads of Joy 03-23-11

You Will Drink Of My Cup
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

One day.. as long as we stay loyal and true to our Savior; we just might be put to the test with our faith. Some of us right now including my own family, are suffering a sort of living martyrdom for our Lord. Truly living the Christian life may require much from us. We may endure physical suffering, in the form of missing a limb, or even worse - cancer, or some other life threatening disease. We don't necessarily have to suffer in order to be Christians, but if we honestly drink of His cup, we will in someway suffer or offer up daily sacrifices.

Some of the suffering we may endure can include; like I said physical suffering, actual martyrdom (which is still common around the world). What about our daily sacrifices? our disappointments, our setbacks, struggles, and look at all the temptations each day. Satan does not want us to advance any closer to Jesus, nor does he want us singing Him praises. We must, in all that we do, hold strong to our faith and not back down. Let us not do this for any reward, instead Jesus is our reward; our relationship with Him, His love for us, His sacrifice that defeated death, the price He paid for all our sins. That is our reward.

I have said this many times, but I am serious about this. I believe my family is under spiritual attack in some way, or to some capacity. We have way too many major issues pointing a sword at our throat at the same time, and everyone of them in and of themselves is monumental. How do I handle it? I forge forward by not backing down. I never retreat. Like I have said so often, "I shall remain at my post." Meaning that sharing Jesus and our Blessed Mother shall always continue no matter what. A wood box might silence me, but as long as I keep writing; I will still be able to serve the Lord beyond the grave. If it be in God's will, we will all continue sharing and growing in His love and His word. We can't be like the mother of the sons of Zebedee and pretty much demand or request a "position"; God alone decides on our place in His Kingdom.

Today's Gospel: Matthew 20:17-28
(The 3rd Time Jesus Speaks of His Death / Request From a Mom)
"And as Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, he took the twelve disciples aside, and on the way he said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of man will be delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn him to death, and deliver him to the Gentiles to be mocked and scourged and crucified, and he will be raised on the third day." Then the mother of the sons of Zebedee came up to him, with her sons, and kneeling before him she asked him for something. And he said to her, "What do you want?" She said to him, "Command that these two sons of mine may sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your kingdom." But Jesus answered, "You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am to drink?" They said to him, "We are able." He said to them, "You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father." And when the ten heard it, they were indignant at the two brothers. But Jesus called them to him and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you; but whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave; even as the Son of man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Questions To Ponder Today:
-What is so disgusting about selfish ambition?
-How can anyone think they are worthy to sit on God's throne?
-Do you realize taking our Lord's cup, means we will suffer?
-Would you seriously lay down your life for your Lord?
(Consider paying for the person in front of you on the food line,
No not 3 baskets of food, but that small bag they are scrounging
coins to be able to pay for it. Or on a bridge, pay for the car behind you.
That is a cool one, I have done that one a lot
.)


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of The Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption
5. The Coronation