Wednesday, March 16, 2011

You Don't Ask God For ID

Beads of Joy 03-16-11

You Don't Ask God For ID
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

How dare they ask for sign. It's not the right thing to do or say to Jesus, who is God's Son. This whole questioning of power reminds me of a Star Trek movie, ok, when you are done laughing at me, check this out. It was the movie, "The Final Frontier" when Kirk, McCoy, Spock and Sybok were on the planet just past the Great barrier where it was said that God is. This was some of their conversation:

THE GOD LIKE BEING
Who is this creature?

KIRK
Who am I? Don't you know? Aren't you God?

The smile leaves The God Like Being's face. Thunder rumbles
faintly in the distance, underscoring his displeasure.

SYBOK
He has his doubts...

THE GOD LIKE BEING
You doubt me?

KIRK
I seek proof.

McCOY
Jim, maybe you shouldn't ask him for his I.D.

It's that last line from McCoy that captures the thought, "You don't need God to prove to you, that He is God." Yes I am a whole lot different then the average person, when it comes to how I share a reflection in the gospel. Most of you are use to my strange ways by now.. LOL. I just love movie and tv scripts, and I seem to have a knack for a good memory of lines, so at times my brain remembers a bunch of lines shared deep into the show that pertain to something be shared in scripture, and so I share it with you. It's all for God's glory. So I think I'll keep this day simple and short. I hope that little bit of a smile I put on your face was refreshing. Tomorrow's St. Patrick's Day so hopefully it will be a much better day.

Today's Gospel: Luke 11:29-32 (The Sign of Jonah)
"When the crowds were increasing, he began to say, "This generation is an evil generation; it seeks a sign, but no sign shall be given to it except the sign of Jonah. For as Jonah became a sign to the men of Nin'eveh, so will the Son of man be to this generation. The queen of the South will arise at the judgment with the men of this generation and condemn them; for she came from the ends of the earth to hear the wisdom of Solomon, and behold, something greater than Solomon is here. The men of Nin'eveh will arise at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here."

Questions To Ponder Today:
-What warning signs are you looking for?
-Would you have the courage to ask God for proof?
-Are you single-minded enough to clearly know who God is?
-Has God shown you the way, understanding and knowing Him?
(What have you given up for Lent? Make sure it's something you like.)


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of The Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption
5. The Coronation