Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pay Attention Where You Build

Beads of Joy 03-06-11

Pay Attention Where You Build
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Does your life have a foundation that can easily be washed away? Yes that is a legitimate question. Our lives are either hinged on the things of this world, which will wash away; or they are hinged on the things of eternity which will indeed last for all eternity. Under the storms of life, how well do you hold up? That question will give you some idea on really what kind of a foundation you really have. If it's a wishy washy foundation and money and pride and ego, have you secured to a fancy new car, in an ego built house. Well then.. sorry but that type of structure will definitely not last for all eternity. You need rather have the foundation of your heart and soul, built on faith, hope and trust in Jesus Christ. That is eternal. Loving Him is the best thing you could ever do. Investing in Him rather than some million dollar IRA. Which one do really prefer being attached to? Come on, don't tell me you need to think about it? Today we are reflecting on Matthew 7:21-27 (The True Disciple of Jesus).

We need to also keep in mind that no matter what we tell other people we believe in or who we trust in, God knows our hearts deepest intentions. Why would Jesus be so consumed here talking about "foundations"? What is its significances? Yes I just slightly spoke about the storms of life; but what about those serious disasters, the floods, the tornado's, the earthquakes? No I am not even speaking about real weather. I'm talking about the loss of a family member, the experience of being rejected and viciously hurt horribly by the one you love, how about being kicked out of your home, God forbid any thoughts that include our children. Are you with me now? Now do you see why it is so important for us to be on solid ground with a firm solid foundation under us? If we are seriously founded in Him, nothing will move our hearts and soul from loving Him, and by remaining solid and not moved; it doesn't mean we are cold, it just means we actually really understand what life is really all about.

None of those horrible thoughts are easy to accept or even easy sometimes to comprehend. But if we are grounded in some really solid faith and trust with a sprinkle of hope; I will tell you from personal experience, yes I will cry, but I won't move from my post. I will never move from the Joy of my love and faith in Jesus, no matter what happens to me in my life; even if I am diagnosed with a terminal illness. I'll go even further, even if my very existence is threatened and I have to renounce Jesus to live, then I will die. The foundation we live on, give us the necessary strength to withstand any and all storms.

So today I invite you to pour the foundation of Jesus' word, His love, His forgiveness and so much more of Him into your life. And honestly make a decision, and be bold enough to stand by that decision, to be bold for Jesus in your life. There is no point in living for the right things, if in the same breathe you are not willing to die for the right things. Think of it this way, no joking here, but think of this; would you be willing to die for your car? how about for your house? ok, I understand, how about your retirement account, investment account. Are you willing to die for any of them? I would hope you would say, No. But when you live a life of complete conviction for a God who loves you so much, that He sent His only Son to die for all my wrong doings; well then now you have honorable reasons in being willing to die for something worthy of death. Be solid in your love and trust for Him, you will be glad you did.

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection
2. The Ascension
3. The Descent of The Holy Spirit
4. The Assumption
5. The Coronation