Thursday, March 3, 2011

Walking With Mary - 2nd Station

Beads of Joy 03-03-11

Walking With Mary - 2nd Station
©2011 James Dacey, Jr. SFO


Hello Everyone,

MARYS TEARS: "Jesus Carries His Cross - Jesus is forced to carry the cross that He will be crucified on, Barabbus is free."

Here we are at the second station with our dear Blessed Mother. How could she be feeling at this point? Her beloved Son was sentenced to death in an unfair trial. The crowd preferred a murderer to go free instead of her Son, who was a healer and lover of all. He was what good people would have wanted over what was bad, how did all this happen. Mary must have been reflecting on the earlier years, remember when, "Then Simeon blessed them and said to Mary, his mother: “This child is destined to cause the falling and rising of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be spoken against, so that the thoughts of many hearts will be revealed. And a sword will pierce your own soul too.” Luke 2:34-35. Our Mother had to have known to some degree that these things would all come to pass before her eyes. But we know Mary was a blessed, devout, holy woman who grew up in a very holy, devout family. She knew, and she trusted that God had the best of intentions for what was happening. She maybe just didn't fully understand, like some of us don't understand when we go through certain experiences.

Today let us look at the second station while I continue to walk side by side with our Blessed Mother. The further I follow her, more emotional it gets. This is not easy to watch on tv, I would only imagine it to be far worse in person.

Let us reflect upon the second station.


2nd Station - Jesus Carries His Cross

Think about this: This cross was no little stump of wood, Jesus carried a heavy, over sized cross. He was being treated worse than the murderer Barabbas that they freed.

Mother Mary: Oh my dear mother, this journey only gets worse. You now see your Son holding a cross. A cross that was larger than Him, you saw all the blood they beat out of Him. You seen the look on His face when they presented Him before Pilate, the glances He gave you trying to reassure you. You felt your heart bleed with Him. The pain you must be enduring must be so overwhelming. Where do you get all this strength my dear Mother? How can I be like you as I cry and cry, seeing these people hurt and beat my Lord. I have never seen so much hatred and anger directed towards one man before in my entire life. Your Son loved everyone, He treated everyone equally, even those who didn't love Him. Please Mother Mary, show me how by your strength and love for Him that you to can carry this cross. I want to be with Him, I want to follow Him on this journey. I must admit my dear Mother I will cry, and I will suffer pain that I have never felt before witnessing such a brutal murder of such an innocent man.

-Our Father... -Hail Mary... -Glory Be...


Today let us pray this prayer:

Dear Mother, I shall continue this walk with you. I know you have the strength of enormous faith inside of you. You are the one true example for so many of us to follow. As we walk together, I only ask that you allow me to continue this walk with you. I to love your Son, not as a mother loves her Son; but rather like a child of God loves their Father. I would maybe they are similar, just different. Mother as we continue, please excuse my emotions, I have such a difficult time seeing my Lord suffer so horribly. Know that I am here for you Mother, walking with you as we worship and love Jesus together. Thank you Mother for always being there for me. Amen.

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist