Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Healing of a Demoniac

BEADS OF JOY 08-30-16
“Healing of a Demoniac”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: Luke 4:31-37 (Healing of a Demoniac)
“And he went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee. And he was teaching them on the Sabbath; and they were astonished at his teaching, for his word was with authority. And in the synagogue there was a man who had the spirit of an unclean demon; and he cried out with a loud voice, "Ah! What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God." But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!" And when the demon had thrown him down in the midst, he came out of him, having done him no harm. And they were all amazed and said to one another, "What is this word? For with authority and power he commands the unclean spirits, and they come out." And reports of him went out into every place in the surrounding region.”

Reflection:
It is through God’s Word that we are set free. Are you ready to live a life that is fully entrusted to that Word and live that life believing in the power of that Word? Jesus’ authority is that of the Son of God, you know that? I’m not trying to be sarcastic. I apologize if I sound that way. I am just so overly excited about my love for my Lord, I want to always be perfectly clear that the message I share, the one I am reflecting on each day is crystal clear. Jesus, God’s Son died for us, so that we might live. He did that for us. We are sinners, it’s amazing! That is so exciting! We don’t deserve such unconditional love!

Now are you ready to abide in the Word of God? Study the Gospel? Share the Good News? Entrust your life fully to Jesus? Well I am! The Word was made Flesh and dwelt among us… Jesus is the Word! In today’s gospel even the demons were silenced and removed. We have nothing to worry about in this life. All the evil, all the horror of the worldly destructive people out there. They render no power against Jesus. They may think they do. It may seem like they do. But in the end they won’t. In the end Jesus will have the last Word about them. He will have the last sentence to say, they will be shut down and silenced. We may not see it. We may not hear it. We may already be dead. But we will know that Jesus had the last Word.

Be strong my sisters and brothers, know that your bible is God’s Living Word. Embrace His Word and learn it, read it, study it, know it. I beg of you to spend time in His Word each day that you open your eyes. Allow scripture to part of your every day. Somehow, someway incorporate each day’s scripture into your thoughts, into your conversation. If the people you talk to don’t like scripture, find friends who do. If you don’t have a bible, ask someone if they have an extra one. Seek out the Word every single day. It is imperative that you do. Your life will depend on it my sisters and brothers. Till tomorrow I wish you well always.



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS