Friday, August 5, 2016

Lose Your Life For My Sake

BEADS OF JOY 08-05-16
“Lose Your Life For My Sake”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Matt 16:24-28 (Lose Your Life For My Sake)
“Then Jesus told his disciples, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life? For the Son of man is to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay every man for what he has done. Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Reflection:
In my research today I have found this question and I just have to share it and I think this will be the central focus of my reflection today:

What is the most important investment you can make with your life?

I know some may think of an “investment” as money put aside for the future, or real estate purchased for the future, or stocks and bonds wall street deals when the word investment is used?? Well, not today. Well, I should say not in my world. I do believe in planning for the future; please don’t misinterpret my words, but do understand my sole purpose in life for the past 33 years has been to focus on the greatest “investment” there could ever been in this life. Now you are curious.

What would you say if I said “Eternal Life” was the reward? But there is an investment that some may not want to invest. What is that? …you ask? How about giving your life completely and fully to Jesus? Do not let the treasures and lusts and things of this world consume you; rather be consumed by the love of Jesus and do all you can to lead others to Him. For what good is this life if this life destroys and takes away your eternal life? This life at its best is what? You live till you are 100? Maybe if you are in the top 1-5% you will have millions or billions of dollars? Ok, let’s say you did. That means God has blessed you with much, how have you in turn blessed others and helped others with that blessing? With much you have been given, much I expected… But keep in mind, your big house, your fleet of cars, your huge bank books, they all stay here when you die. Then what?

See that’s where “Eternal Life” comes in. Nothing of this world other than our faith has anything to do with eternal life. Of cause what we do with what we have in this life effects our destination. So we must be wise in how we live our lives. So losing your life and surrendering it over to Jesus is truly the greatest investment you could ever make, ever. That lose is a gain, a gain that will last for all eternity…




LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!


Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS