Thursday, August 4, 2016

You Are The Christ

BEADS OF JOY 08-04-16
“You Are The Christ”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Matthew 16:13-23 (You Are The Christ)
“Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, "Who do men say that the Son of man is?" And they said, "Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am? "Simon Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." And Jesus answered him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you lose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

Reflection:
This is truly a great gospel today. "But who do you say that I am?” I love that Jesus comes straight out and asks the ultimate question to Peter. And Praise Jesus! Peter replies with the ultimate answer, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." The true litmus test of our faith. How firm are we in our faith and knowledge of who Jesus is? How sincere and honest would we be if confronted with the same exact question face to face with Jesus? I intentionally always ask lots of questions that I don’t always answer in my reflections, so that everyone can reflect on their own from their own life. Jesus knows our heart and the answers to these questions regards to what we might say.

How many of you love the New Testament like I do? Currently I am studying the Old Testament, we have a local study group amongst some friends. I will say there is not one boring part to the Old Testament it is very exciting; but what I do miss in the Old Testament is the fact that I am not reading directly about Jesus. I know I am reading about what is leading up to Him and how everything leads up to Him, I understand that and within the next two studies we will be studying John The Baptist, ending the Old Testament and introducing the New Testament. I really really love the New Testament. I am so excited just thinking about those future studies focusing fully on Jesus. The New Testament is so directly and purposely about Jesus. I love that so much.

I think I just went off on a tangent. I would encourage all of you to begin some sort of Bible Study and if you are unable; then might I encourage you to begin your own personal reading study time so that you might absorb the scriptures. In the past in my life, my Spiritual Life of 33 years. I have read the entire Bible 2 times. I admit looking back when it was all new and I was excited it was in many ways just a read for me. But now it is so much more for me. It has become my life. In the background I enjoy studying the Old Testament, but on a daily basis I live the New Testament. Here is a suggestion of what you might like to try. I have been doing this method (that I designed) for over 13 years.

Rosary Man Jim's Weekly Gospel Study: 
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/11/rosary-mans-gospel-study.html


Monday’s/ The Gospel of Matthew
Tuesday’s/ The Gospel of Mark
Wednesday’s/ The Gospel of Luke
Thursday’s/ The Gospel of John
Friday’s/The Acts of The Apostle


This is my fun way to experience the Gospels & Acts. Maybe it can be yours to... I LOVE THIS… I really do…

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!



Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS