Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Great Accomplishment

BEADS OF JOY 05-03-17
“Great Accomplishment”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

 My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 14:6-14 (Last Supper Discourse)
“Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also; henceforth you know him and have seen him." Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and we shall be satisfied." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and yet you do not know me, Philip? He who has seen me has seen the Father; how can you say, `Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works. Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in me; or else believe me for the sake of the works themselves. "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it."

Reflection:
What do you think of when the words “Great Accomplishment” are spoken? Everyone has their own way of seeing that of cause. I would hope that most of us see this through the eyes of a person who loves Jesus. So many people get lost in the world today unfortunately and even forget those closest to them. It’s our own fault if we allow the pleasures and successes of this temporary life; to distract us from the focus on the eternal life we should be living towards.

Great Accomplishment? Did you figure it out yet? What could possibly be a great accomplishment? Acing an exam? Getting a license? Becoming a millionaire? Having 5,000 friends on Facebook? Making a video of a cat that goes viral on YouTube? Hmm what is truly a great accomplishment that can happen in this life?

Of cause on the family side of these thoughts I would hope above all those crazy wasted ones I randomly said; you would consider the following, to be without a doubt a great accomplishment. A loving spouse! Loving children! Supportive family that always surround you and that are always concerned about you! Friends who remain by your side no matter what throughout your life! Good friends to have in your life is truly an amazing accomplishment! But I must say, the question is deeper and even more important than this is. Keep thinking and pondering about this.

Pondering these thoughts today: In this life if you were to think of what your greatest accomplishment would be, what would you say it was? Career? Size of your home? Value of your home? Size of your bank account? What neighborhood you live in? Your net worth? Well, what do you think? The qualifications of this “great accomplishment” would have to bring you great joy and complete and incredible contentment into your life. Still no clue? Answer: To know and To love God. He should be the center of our life at all times.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!