Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Pray The Rosary! Why?

BEADS OF JOY 05-30-17
“Pray The Rosary! Why?”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Focus: Why Would I Pray The Rosary?
Why would I?? I think the question should be asked: Why wouldn’t I Pray The Rosary? The Rosary is all about peace and tranquility. I find that when I Pray The Rosary my mind and my heart and my soul are at complete rest in the arms of Mary; while she sits at the feet of Jesus telling Him all about me. For that reason alone, I find myself drawn to the Rosary every single day. Sometimes for every single set of mysteries. My morning prayer time is very private and praying the rosary is a very significant part of it.

Another most incredible reason why you would want to Pray The Rosary; is that this wonderful pray and its mysteries is a biblical prayer. Thursday’s blog will share all the scripture readings with each mystery. I know for the past 34 years I have heard many people tell me, many different things about what they seen the rosary to be. Some say, made up prayer, others have told me, you are worshiping Mary. And I was once told it was a cult. It’s incredible how when someone has no information and knows no truth, that they make up anything and they become an expert on nothing. But, Thank God, the Rosary is a Scripturally based prayer all about Jesus with our Lady by His side. Truly a most amazing experience every single time I pray my rosary, even after 34 years.

Another most incredible reason is to see what so many priests, saints, bishops, nuns, deacons and authors have said and shared about the Rosary over the centuries. In Friday’s blog, I will share a lot of what they had to say about the Rosary. Look at what Archbishop Fulton Sheen had to say about the Rosary.

"The Rosary is the best therapy for these distraught, unhappy, fearful, and frustrated souls, precisely because it involves the simultaneous use of three powers: the physical, the vocal, and the spiritual, and in that order." ~ Archbishop Fulton Sheen

Alan de Rupe was a 15th-century Dominican preacher, best known for his efforts to promote the Rosary. Alan claimed to have experienced a vision by which it was revealed to him that the Blessed Virgin Mary had appeared to St. Dominic and gave him the Rosary as a means to combat the Albigensian movement. Alan de Rupe's revelation concerning St. Dominic and the Rosary was generally accepted until the 17th century when the Bollandists concluded that the account of Dominic's supposed apparition of Our Lady of the Rosary is not mentioned in any documents of the Church or Dominican Order prior to the accounts of Alan over two hundred years later.

These 15 promises were revealed to St Dominic by Our Lady. There is a link directly after them, that well explains each promise. I hope your Rosary, is as exciting in your life, as mine is in my life. One more exciting quote:

If you say the Rosary faithfully until death, I do assure you that, in spite of the gravity of your sins you shall receive a never-fading crown of glory. Even if you are on the brink of damnation, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do who practice black magic, and even if you are a heretic as obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and will amend your life and will save your soul, if — and mark well what I say — if you say the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for your sins.” ~St. Louis de Montfort

The 15 Promises of The Blessed Virgin Mary

1.     Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
2.     I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
3.     The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
4.     It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the heart of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
5.     The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
6.     Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
7.     Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
8.     Those who are faithful to recite the Rosary shall have, during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
9.     I shall deliver from Purgatory those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the Rosary.
12. All those who propagate the Holy Rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
14. All who recite the Rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son Jesus Christ.
15. Devotion of my Rosary is a great sign of predestination.
Here is a great link explaining each promise in detail. I know this will be helpful: https://www.ourladyswarriors.org/prayer/15promise.htm

The Blessings of The Praying The Rosary
1. Sinners are forgiven.
2. Souls that thirst are refreshed.
3. Those who are fettered have their bonds broken.
4. Those who weep find happiness.
5. Those who are tempted find peace.
6. The poor find help.
7. Religious are reformed.
8. Those who are ignorant are instructed.
9. The living learn to overcome pride.
10. The dead (the Holy Souls) have their pains eased by suffrages.

An added extra. Here is The Secret of The Rosary in PDF form. I strongly recommend you get this incredible, blessed book. I still have my original copy from 1983. It is truly priceless: https://ia600306.us.archive.org/9/items/St.LouisMarieDeMontfortTheSecretOfTheRosary/St.%20Louis%20Marie%20de%20Montfort%20-%20The%20Secret%20of%20the%20Rosary.pdf


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…