Today’s Focus: Why Would I Pray The Rosary?
Why would I?? I think the question should be asked: Why wouldn’t I Pray The Rosary? The Rosary is all about peace and tranquility. I find that when I Pray The Rosary my mind and my heart and my soul are at complete rest in the arms of Mary; while she sits at the feet of Jesus telling Him all about me. For that reason alone, I find myself drawn to the Rosary every single day. Sometimes for every single set of mysteries. My morning prayer time is very private and praying the rosary is a very significant part of it.
"The Rosary is the best therapy for these distraught, unhappy, fearful, and frustrated souls, precisely because it involves the simultaneous use of three powers: the physical, the vocal, and the spiritual, and in that order." ~ Archbishop Fulton Sheen
2. Souls that thirst are refreshed.
3. Those who are fettered have their bonds broken.
4. Those who weep find happiness.
5. Those who are tempted find peace.
6. The poor find help.
7. Religious are reformed.
8. Those who are ignorant are instructed.
9. The living learn to overcome pride.
10. The dead (the Holy Souls) have their pains eased by suffrages.
An added extra. Here is The Secret of The Rosary in PDF form. I strongly recommend you get this incredible, blessed book. I still have my original copy from 1983. It is truly priceless: https://ia600306.us.archive.org/9/items/St.LouisMarieDeMontfortTheSecretOfTheRosary/St.%20Louis%20Marie%20de%20Montfort%20-%20The%20Secret%20of%20the%20Rosary.pdf
Your brother in Christ Jesus
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS
Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:
The Sorrowful Mysteries
1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46
Thank you Lord for loving us so much…
Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection: http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html