Saturday, May 27, 2017

Treasures Uncovered

BEADS OF JOY 05-27-17
“Treasures Uncovered”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 16:23-28 (Coming of The Advocate)
“In that day, you will ask nothing of me. Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father, he will give it to you in my name. Hitherto you have asked nothing in my name; ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full. "I have said this to you in figures; the hour is coming when I shall no longer speak to you in figures but tell you plainly of the Father. In that day, you will ask in my name; and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you; for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from the Father. I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and going to the Father."

Reflection:
The treasures have been uncovered; Jesus has revealed to them God’s love for them and us. Verse 27 reveals the treasure itself has been opened for all to see and hear, “for the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from the Father.” My dear sisters and brothers, do you know what this means? Our Lord Jesus Christ has opened His most loving heart to tell us all this. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. We know now for a fact by Jesus Himself, that we can ask God The Father for His mercy and His blessings. Yes, we can boldly in humility, ask God for the very things we need. It is through Jesus’ love for us and our loving Him in return, that we have the very throne of Almighty God within our reach.

Now the rubber meets the road, we need to get to work! Oh, you thought what!? No, no; we have only just begun!! Jesus let us know we can kick start the motorcycle, now that we got it going, it’s time to take this baby for a ride. “Oh no, there Jim goes talking in stories again.” Ok, I heard that. LOL. What I mean is, Jesus has given us the chance and the ability to speak to the Father, well my friends, let’s do it! Respectfully! In humility! And in daily consistency. Prayer is a magnificent, incredible, blessed gift given to us. Think of it as our direct, live connection to Heaven, to Almighty God Himself. You do know that just because we ask for something God doesn’t just give it to us? God has a plan for each of us, some of us are single and some of us are couples and some are families and even groups. God knows all this. God’s plans exceed our requests, but He does know our hearts. Patience my sisters and brothers and in some way all your prayers will be answered.

For there is no other way to the Father except through Son (Jesus Christ). And in today’s gospel Jesus tells us that plainly. I am so excited when I read such treasures like this is scripture. We are blessed beyond words when it comes to having a Bible. I hope and pray that you cherish your Bible. It’s not a book! It’s not a document! It is the inspired words of Almighty God. It is our daily opportunity to always be connected to the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This is what is printed on the first few pages, in my Bible:

“Let them remember that prayer should accompany the reading of Sacred Scripture, so that God and man may talk together.”
 
~Dogmatic Constitution (2nd Vatican Council)

Pondering these thoughts today: Today’s gospel is amazing and wonderful, leading us to an incredible revelation and appreciation for sacred scripture. Do you spend time in scripture? More plainly: Do you spend time reading your Bible? Ok, you know what I am going say. How about you try to begin to spend time every single day, reading your Bible. You don’t have to read a book or a chapter. Maybe read the day’s gospel or all the day’s readings or just a page. Yeah, one page per day. That’s simple! Right! I know we are all busy in different ways and it’s not always easy. I suggest you pray for God’s guidance in this. He will lead your heart and desire and believe me, at least from my own experience, once you pick up the Bible, you won’t be able to put it down. Just saying.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.