Sunday, June 18, 2017

Feast of Corpus Christi

BEADS OF JOY 06-18-17
“Feast of Corpus Christi”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 6:51-58 (Body & Blood of Christ)
“I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh." The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" So, Jesus said to them, ", truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me. This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live forever."

Reflection:
Today we shall focus on the magnificence of the Eucharist. It is not a mere representation of Jesus, on the contrary; the bread and wine becomes Jesus. Jesus clearly says, “I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh." So, at every single time you go to Mass, a miracle is witnessed. This is why, we must go to Mass as often as we possibly can. Not only to witness the Mass and be there; but more importantly to be in God’s presence.

I Am The Bread Of Life - I Will Raise Him Up


In this world I cannot see the Most High Son of God with my own eyes, except for His Most Holy Body and Blood.” ~St. Francis of Assisi

Christ held Himself in His hands when He gave His Body to His disciples saying: 'This is My Body.' No one partakes of this Flesh before he has adored it.” ~St. Augustine of Hippo

O Lord, we cannot go to the pool of Siloe to which you sent the blind man. But we have the chalice of Your Precious Blood, filled with life and light. The purer we are, the more we receive.” ~St. Ephraem


I hunger for the bread of God, the flesh of Jesus Christ ...; I long to drink of his blood, the gift of unending love.” ~St. Ignatius of Antioch

How many of you say: I should like to see His face, His garments, His shoes. You do see Him, you touch Him, you eat Him. He gives Himself to you, not only that you may see Him, but also to be your food and nourishment.” ~St.  John Chrysostom

He remains among us until the end of the world. He dwells on so many altars, though so often offended and profaned.” ~St. Maximilian Kolbe

He is The Bread sown in the virgin, leavened in the Flesh, molded in His Passion, baked in the furnace of the Sepulcher, placed in the Churches, and set upon the Altars, which daily supplies Heavenly Food to the faithful.” ~St. Peter Chrysologus

My Jesus! What a lovable contrivance this holy Sacrament was - that You would hide under the appearance of bread to make Yourself loved and to be available for a visit by anyone who desires You!” ~St. Alphonsus Ligouri

Jesus has prepared not just one Host, but one for every day of our life. The Hosts for us are ready. Let us not forfeit even one of them.” ~St. Peter Julian Eymard

The devotion to the Eucharist is the most noble because it has God as its object; it is the most profitable for salvation, because It gives us the Author of Grace; it is the sweetest, because the Lord is Sweetness Itself.” ~St. Pius X

Our Redeemer ever present in the most Blessed Sacrament, extends His hands to everyone. He opens His heart and says, 'Come to Me, all of you.” ~St. Raphael Kalinowski

Put your sins in the chalice for the precious blood to wash away. One drop is capable of washing away the sins of the world. "The Eucharist is connected with the Passion. If Jesus had not established the Eucharist we would have forgotten the crucifixion. It would have faded into the past and we would have forgotten that Jesus loved us. There is a saying that to be far away from the eyes is to be far away from the heart. To make sure that we do not forget, Jesus gave us the Eucharist as a memorial of his love.” ~St. Teresa of Calcutta

Pondering these thoughts today: I have a deep passion and respect for the Eucharist, in a little ministry of my own, with how I receive. Maybe, just maybe this might interest you. Whenever I receive I don’t eat anything before I receive, at all. No matter when it is. Do you follow me? If I am going to 5:00pm Saturday night Mass I won’t eat all day, the ONLY thing that will touch my tongue will be the Holy Eucharist. Obviously the same goes with all Sunday Masses. That’s just me. If I know what Mass I am going to, I refrain from eating till after Mass. Jesus first always! I have been doing this for many many years.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!



Rosary Man Jim's Glorious Reflections: http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-glorious-mysteries.html