Thursday, June 15, 2017

Rosary For The Faithful

BEADS OF JOY 06-15-17
“Rosary For The Faithful”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Devotional:
Some people agree with the Luminous Mysteries and some people don’t. I say, “to each is his/her own”, I do not mean that disrespectfully. If you want to pray, you will pray. The Luminous Mysteries are all 100% from the Gospels, all 100% about Jesus, all 100% perfectly fit into the Rosary; to make our Rosary complete, highlighting Jesus’ life.

Here, let me take you far off the grid of “The Rosary” and show you how much I love to pray, “Rosary in Style” as I pray privately. I have prayed a complete decade for the following Old Testament scriptures, and I still do. I will only give you two examples. But I have prayed scriptures and events from the Old Testament in decade form for many decades myself in my own private prayer life.

I love the prayer structure of the Rosary and I love having Our Lady involved in my prayers. Please note that all my Old Testament scripture that I pray like this are all, Messianic Prophesies Fulfilled by Jesus. There are dozens of them! I will share that in another blog.

Isaiah 7:10-17 (Isaiah Gives Ahaz the Sign of Immanuel)
Again the Lord spoke to Ahaz, saying, Ask, a sign of the Lord your God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven. But Ahaz said, I will not ask, and I will not put the Lord to the test. Then Isaiah said: “Hear then, O house of David! Is it too little for you to weary mortals, that you weary my God also? Therefore, the Lord himself will give you a sign. Look, the young woman is with child and shall bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel. He shall eat curds and honey by the time he knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good. For before the child knows how to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land before whose two kings you are in dread will be deserted. The Lord will bring on you and on your people and on your ancestral house such days as have not come since the day that Ephraim departed from Judah—the king of Assyria.”

Zechariah 12:10-14 (Mourning For The Pierced One)
And I will pour out a spirit of compassion and supplication on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that, when they look on the one whom they have pierced, they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for an only child, and weep bitterly over him, as one weeps over a firstborn. On that day, the mourning in Jerusalem will be as great as the mourning for Hadad-rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. The land shall mourn, each family by itself; the family of the house of David by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Levi by itself, and their wives by themselves; the family of the Shimeites by itself, and their wives by themselves; and all the families that are left, each by itself, and their wives by themselves.”

Let us begin to now pray the Luminous Mysteries. Today I thought focusing on those of us… -who are faithful -who want to be faithful -who desire to be faithful and all who try so hard to be faithful, would enjoy this enlightening devotional.

The Luminous Mysteries For The Faithful

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Openness To The Holy Spirit)


Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother and how your heart was so full of joy and love; knowing that your Son was going to be baptized. You have continually listened to God and now Jesus is following God’s Will and purpose in His life. All of this is so exciting, I can’t contain the joy; because now, together you are both working towards God’s Plan. And best of all, you both have the Holy Spirit within you, guiding you along the way. I love you both so much.

I ask Lord,
Please guide me, show me, lead me, I am so hungry and I am so open to the leadership and guidance of the Holy Spirit. My heart aches, whenever I am not fully focused on You Lord. There are so many distractions in this life, that have no purpose to my life. I want so much, to be more focused on Your Will in my life; please send me the Holy Spirit in such a way, that my eyes remain open and fully focused on You without excuse or distraction. Thank you, Jesus.

2. Wedding Feast of Cana (To Jesus Through Mary)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother and how blessed it must have been to have attended a wedding feast with your Son. Truly, a most joyous occasion where family and friends gather; to share in the love of a most special couple that everyone loves and cares about. You knew before anyone it was Jesus’ time! You knew before anyone that Jesus was the one to keep the joy in this wedding feast! Through you Mother, Jesus comes to us always.

I ask Lord,
That I always keep my eyes fully focused on You and an open ear to what Your Mother says. For she always directs me to You. She knows that God’s Will in her life, was to bring You to us and to always continue to bring us to You. The Rosary fills my heart with so much joy I can’t explain it or contain it. Every time I pray on these special beads of joy I hear her telling me, “Do whatever He tells you!” and my heart skips a beat and my faith gets so much stronger. Thank you, Lord, for your Mother. She is such a refreshing joy. Amen.

3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Repentance and Trust in God)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother and how exciting it must be to see God’s Will coming together before your eyes. Jesus, your Son, the Son of God is now drawing others to Himself so that through repentance and believing in God the Father, you will be saved. For the Kingdom of God is near! Your Son has begun to Evangelize and that is so exciting, I can’t contain this excitement. Just seeing and knowing Jesus Himself reached out personally like that is incredible, my heart is overflowing with joy. Oh Mother, I can only image the joy that was filing your heart.

I ask Lord,
As I continue to follow You and do all I can to keep my soul cleaner and purer in your sight; that You help me have a greater desire to repent more frequently. I know Lord, that on the day you return or the day I am called, either one is unknown to me; with that said Lord, I must do all I can to keep my soul clean and pure for You. I am not perfect, I am a sinner, but by Your grace and the sacrament of penance I can keep my soul clean as often as I possibly can. I want to be ready for You Lord, at all times, I love you so much.

4. The Transfiguration (Desire For Holiness)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother and how this news from Peter, James and John must have filled your heart with so much Joy. Another further confirmation of not only Jesus being the Son of God, but that God’s Will is moving forward and more and more people are beginning to see what you already knew. Mother, you are special to Jesus and you are so special to us. God chose you Mother, knowing how important the role a Mother is in the life of a child. Thank you, Mother, for taking such good care of my Lord. I love you so much Mother.

I ask Lord,
For something I have asked for, my entire spiritual journey; a deeper more serious spiritual life. Somehow, someway, help guide me to a place (prayer room in my house) that allows me to dig even deeper inside myself spiritually. But, I also want to be able to share this experience and love for You; so that through Your love for me and our Lady’s Rosary, I can help Evangelize the world for You Lord. I ask this and pray that it is in Your Will Lord, in my life, Amen.

5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Adoration)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother and the many times you certainly broke bread with your Son. This joy must have rushed through your heart, every single time bread was broke before you, it must have been exhilarating. How wonderfully blessed, that even before Jesus shared the bread and wine with all of us; He shared it privately and personally with you. Oh Mother, you are truly blessed among women. For you knew from the day the angel Gabriel came to you, that Jesus was the Son of God.

I ask Lord,
That you fill my heart with an exhilarating, exciting, deep love, every single time I am at the Holy Mass. I love experiencing the breaking of the bread on your altar; the prayers during the Eucharistic celebration fill my heart with so much love, I feel this love overflowing. To me Lord, The Holy Eucharist is truly the center of my faith and my love for You Lord. Please Lord, instill in my heart a deeper desire to come to daily Mass and Eucharistic Adoration as often as I possibly can. The more I am with You Lord, the more in love with You I am.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Openness To The Holy Spirit) -Matt 3:13-17
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (To Jesus Through Mary) -John 2:1-12
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Repentance and Trust in God) -Mark 1:15
4. The Transfiguration (Desire For Holiness) -Mark 9:2-13
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Adoration) -Matt 26:17-30

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!