Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Rosary For Stroke

BEADS OF JOY 06-13-17
“Rosary For Stroke”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS


My Friends,


Today’s Devotional:
Today I am sharing this very personal devotional, I think it might be helpful for many like me; who have suffered with, made it through, but still have issues with stroke side effects. I am praying for you and I ask that you pray for me. Suffering from a stroke or several strokes can completely wreck your body and your life. But in all fairness, how you handle that will determine how blessed you will be through it all. Just a heads up, I am blessed.

For the first entire year after my two strokes, my body was really messed up. I had two strokes two days apart from one another. The first, my most severe one, was improperly diagnosed at a local hospital and I was sent home. Two days later I had a mild one, at which time I called my doctor and I was rushed to another much more capable hospital. It was there, that they fully diagnosed both incidents by the scars a stroke make on your brain.

The medical diagnoses of my first stroke was, it damaged my memory, my left side nerves and my upper peripheral vision. When I take an eye exam I still have upper visionary issues that cross both hemispheres. I have two eye doctors, both say it’s very rare to have cross hemisphere issues, but it is more common with stroke patients. It doesn’t affect my driving ability. But for the first year because of my blackouts and dizzy spells, my neurologist restricted me from driving. Unfortunately, I still do get occasional dizzy spells.

Today, I am still struggling with all my stroke issues. But I am very determined, to one day overcome them and go back to work. My neurologist has given me many stretches that focus on stimulating the nerves and I walk a couple times a week in the hopes that my body will bounce back. But, in the meantime I will do all I can to serve my Lord full-time.

The Sorrowful Mysteries of Stroke Sufferers

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin)

Our Dear Mother,
Everything is falling into place and it is getting very scary and very sad. God’s Will for you was to conceive a son and you said, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.” And now Jesus, the very Son you gave birth to continues to follow the Father’s Will and He says, “My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from me; yet not what I want but what you want.” God’s Will maybe very difficult to understand, to accept; but if we accept it and embrace it, God will use us in great ways.

I ask Lord,
In my weakest most vulnerable times, when you know I am bleeding and I am suffering and I don’t want to move forward anymore; please Lord ask me to continue to do Your Will as You want me to. I will accept Your request and do Your Will even if it costs me my life; for what value does my life have if your words do not live through my very actions. You are my every heartbeat Lord; my life’s desire is to serve You till I breathe my last breath.

2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you, as you watch your Son suffer so horribly. The pain you must have endured must have been like knives being jabbed through your most loving heart. You couldn’t watch, but you had to, you had to know your Son was still alive; you had to know He was still breathing, you had to know He would glance towards you, you must remain looking towards Him, so He knows you are there for Him. The pain, oh pain, you just wanted it to end.

I ask Lord,
How does one endure pain and suffering like You and still go on? How does my body get destroyed by a stroke, more than once and still come back strong? This fight my body is having with itself takes its toll on me, the suffering sometimes makes me want to quit and give up. But, it is You Lord who gives me strength to be strong, to fight back, to look towards our Lady, to know she is there; knowing she won’t leave me, gives me so much strength. Thank you, Jesus.

3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother, watching your Son suffer so much. Jesus has so much courage. What can you do Mother, to prevent this abuse? Nothing! How can you possibly stop this horrible cruel treatment towards another human being, your Son? But there is nothing you can do Mother except be there for Him, love Him; and show us how we too, can be strong by His side, when we are suffering under circumstances we can’t change.

I ask Lord,
Is it God’s Will that I suffer a stroke? …many of them? Is it His Will that I continue to have issues that hinder my body from functioning correctly? Is it God’s Will that I struggle financially that I can’t even put food on the table? Lord, I understand suffering and I embrace it with all my heart. If it be Your Will Lord, whatever the outcome is, I accept it, good or bad, even if it is horrible. I embrace what You so desire for my life, even if it is my life.

4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother and how this had to be one of the most difficult walks of your entire life. You have walked many miles Mother, long-hard, lonely and even scary miles; but this walk Mother is a walk to end all walks, a walk that tested your patience with God’s Will in your life and in Jesus’ life. Jesus was on His way to His death and there was nothing you can do; but patiently you try to understand how God’s Will works in all these tears.

I ask Lord,
If death is the option and a long journey of suffering is the path, can you give me the strength to carry my Cross? Suffering a stroke leads to many issues in life, they are not all physical issues, they are not all financial issues; some of these issues stop you from having a life ahead, at least a normal one. This Cross is very heavy; this Cross weighs down on your spirit, your hopes and your dreams. But Lord, with You, I can forge forward regardless of the results. Thank you, Jesus.

5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance)

Our Dear Mother,
In this mystery, I think of you Mother, the countless tears, the broken heart; searching deep inside knowing that God’s Will would not allow this. You dug deep inside you remembering the words of your Son, saying, “The Son of Man is to be betrayed into human hands, and they will kill him, and three days after being killed, he will rise again.” Your faith is strong Mother, you have placed your entire life in God’s hands; now that faith is tested, we know you love and trust fully in the Lord. Embrace your Son Mother as they take Him down from the Cross.

I ask Lord,
As I suffer with these side effects of stroke, does the Cross I carry become the one I am nailed upon? I myself, will embrace this Cross and consider it a blessing to be suffering in this life. Yes, I do get uncomfortable from time to time! Yes, I do go hungry from time to time! But Lord, in all my suffering I suffer so that others do not have to, that is my prayer in my suffering. My love for you Jesus, is greater than any discomfort this world or my body can give me. I chose You!

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…




Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection: http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html