Saturday, June 10, 2017

Rejection – Day 6/6

BEADS OF JOY 06-10-17
“Rejection – Day 6/6”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 12:38-44 (Poor Widow’s Contribution)
“And in his teaching, he said, "Beware of the scribes, who like to go about in long robes, and to have salutations in the market places and the best seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at feasts, who devour widows' houses and for a pretense make long prayers. They will receive the greater condemnation." And he sat down opposite the treasury, and watched the multitude putting money into the treasury. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came, and put in two copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him, and said to them, "Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the treasury. For they all contributed out of their abundance; but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, her whole living."

Reflection:
Beginning Thought: “...but she out of her poverty has put in everything she had,” her living, her life, her humanity, everything.

Well, well, what do you think about that. Unfortunately, there is more truth here, in that those who have the least tend to give the most. The rejection here not only comes from those who put a lot of money into the treasury; but I believe also from some who are reading this. What that poor widow did, was incredible and blessed. But many wealthy could not see that. Someone who is worth thousands or more can afford a $10 bill and it is certainly out of there abundance that they are able to give. But someone living in poverty, anything that they give; comes directly out of themselves and only digs them further into poverty.

Yes, finances and money are a difficult topic. I’m not a fan of it on either side of the bank book either. I have had money and I have had poverty. I know exactly what it means to not be able to put food on the table. Food is the most difficult aspect of poverty that most people don’t see or understand. Paying my electric is great and I appreciate it with all my heart, but I only get that once a month. But food is whole issue in and of itself, multiple meals, drinks, nutrient. It’s an everyday issue that just don’t go away. But let’s not dwell on that. Let’s look at the spiritual benefits of poverty. WHAT!?! “Jim, have you gone off your rocker? There are NO benefits to poverty!!” Well, you have to let me talk, to explain what I mean by what I just said. And yes, I meant it.

I won’t get into all the minutia of what me and my family have been through these past 17 years. Mostly all of it was not of our doing; not of our choices. These things happen to us and changed the course of our lives and basically drained our finances and caused much heartache on both sides of the physical and the financial pains we were forced to endure. The sad part, of the bad part of it; is it still ripples into our lives in some ways. ENOUGH with all that! NOW let’s look at the NEW and better and more blessed lives I feel we have gained from this devastation of struggle.

Please understand, there is Good, when Stress and Struggle and Bad things happen. You just have to look for it! One thing I know happened immediately; we all began to appreciate each other and everything we had, much more than before. Prior to the hard times we were more worldly in our thinking and even our appreciation. I found that my own spirituality deepened. I was at daily Mass more often than ever and even to this day my life is different (better than ever). Yes, I desire the best for my family, I would love to be able to provide more for them and I want to eventually go back to work in some capacity. But, with all that said, even though I may reflect a lot about those days, spiritually I am happier here and now.

Poverty brought me to my knees, in a way I never was on my knees before my Lord before. Poverty brought me the wealth of the foot of the Cross, that the wealth of the world couldn’t. Poverty opened my eyes, when it shut my wallet and my selfish desires of self and I had to put others needs first. Poverty has given me so much spiritual wealth, all the money in the world wouldn’t, no, couldn’t ever give that to me. I am a simple man, more simple now than ever before. I’m not trying to impress anyone or make you think highly of me. My relationship with Jesus is first and foremost number 1 in my life.

Pondering these thoughts today:
That was a lot today. Maybe what we can do, to move these thoughts forward into our lives is this: How about you go through your things (stuff) and pick something, one item, two items, whatever you feel led to do; pray about this first no matter how long it takes. Once you are comfortable praying about it, ask our Lord to lead you. Ask Him what item and who should get it? Maybe a special vase a neighbor always liked of yours, that you can put flowers in, give it to them to keep. Or maybe a book, you know someone mentioned they always wanted to read that you have on your shelf. Or maybe brownies that you make, that someone says they always love. Pray about it. But GIVE of yourself to others! As much as you so feel led to. If you have a spouse discuss it with them. You will enjoy this. God Bless you.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.