Saturday, June 3, 2017

Why Are We Here?

BEADS OF JOY 06-03-17
“Why Are We Here?”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 21:20-25 (The Beloved Disciple)
“Peter turned and saw following them the disciple whom Jesus loved, who had lain close to his breast at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is it that is going to betray you?" When Peter saw him, he said to Jesus, "Lord, what about this man?" Jesus said to him, "If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you? Follow me!" The saying spread abroad among the brethren that this disciple was not to die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he was not to die, but, "If it is my will that he remain until I come, what is that to you?" This is the disciple who is bearing witness to these things, and who has written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. But there are also many other things which Jesus did; were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.”

Reflection:
Have you ever wondered about that very question? Why are we here? I know way back in the day, when I was much younger and I didn’t know Jesus, I often times wondered why does this world exist? What is our purpose? Was our existence all chance? If not, then what are we supposed to do? I guess I was just a typical college kid during those years of questioning everything. But then Jesus came into my life and my world has never ever been the same since. Here it is 34 years later and I feel like our relationship is new and refreshing still.

I would have to say the best understanding that I have ever heard came from Fr. Larry Richards. Fr Larry offered his condolences to me when Chrissy passed away, and that meant a lot to me. Chrissy and I always listened to his teachings, we really love Fr. Larry. I didn’t mean to side track. But when he spoke about the meaning of life, Fr Larry said, “God made you, to know Him, love Him and serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next. This is the meaning of life…” This life is all about us, having a relationship with Almighty God. Not just simply knowledge of Him or awareness of Him. God created us for so much more. And if only we would open our hearts and lives for Him we would truly live this life the way His Will was always meant to guide us to live.

I know we all go through trials and situations that test us, bend us, burn us and even allow us to suffer; but honestly even with all this going on just knowing that Almighty God wants to know me… that is beyond amazing. That my friends, gets my blood flowing to point that I have high blood pressure. Ok, just kidding. I think my diet does that. LOL. But truth be known, I am bubbly and excited nearly 99.999% of the time. Wanna know why? Of cause, you do! It’s because Jesus is alive in my heart and His love and joy and peace are overflowing inside me so much that I can’t control the desire to share Him, our Lady and the Rosary.

Pondering these thoughts today: I want all you guys to do something today. Think of it as Today’s Challenge. Don’t worry, it’s nothing anyone else but you and God will see. Grab a piece of paper and pen and draw a line down the middle. On one side, up top, write My Deepest Joys In This Life and on the other side, up top, write My Possessions. I ask one thing of you, take your time. Gentlemen make sure your wife’s name goes in the correct column. I’m just being light hearted. Please I want you to get the deep spiritual understanding of what really matters in this life, and why you are truly here. This life is beyond amazing and exciting. The objective here is that when you are done you will see how your life's deepest joys truly have the most meaning. Examples: Personal relationship with Jesus, relationship with your wife, your children, parents, siblings, close with my priest, loving church community, going to Mass, going to confession, adoration, praying the rosary, you get the idea. Have fun. I recommend you do this often, especially whenever you may feel uncertain about this life. Stay focused on the Joys our Lord has blessed us with.



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.