Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Rejection – Day 2/6

BEADS OF JOY 06-06-17
“Rejection – Day 2/6”
©2017 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 12:13-17 (Paying Taxes To The Emperor)
“And they sent to him some of the Pharisees and some of the Herodians, to entrap him in his talk. And they came and said to him, "Teacher, we know that you are true, and care for no man; for you do not regard the position of men, but truly teach the way of God. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not? Should we pay them, or should we not?" But knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, "Why put me to the test? Bring me a coin, and let me look at it." And they brought one. And he said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" They said to him, "Caesar's." Jesus said to them, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." And they were amazed at him.”

Reflection:
Beginning Thought: The church must sort out as honestly as possible, what is God’s is God’s and what is Caesar’s is Caesar’s. No exceptions.

Well, there you go, it’s pretty blunt yet very simple and in print exactly what Jesus Himself said. Yes, taxes (money) paying your due amount to the government was a question that Jesus was confronted with. Even their rejection of our Lord in doing all they can to slander Him; hoping for an answer that would make Him an even greater enemy to them, yet Jesus responded with great wisdom. And some have said scripture is boring. No way! Spend as much time as you can in the word, there are many stories with exciting responses and words that will enlighten your life and your future.

Whenever you wonder, how it is that we manage our own daily battles; of those around us who manipulate us and reject us, for whatever reason. Today’s gospel shows us that Jesus Himself dealt with this directly also. He did not take it lying down and take the punches, He was kind, and most likely soft spoken and responded with great wisdom and He basically shut them down. I love Jesus’ response, it was so powerful, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." Simple and indisputable! No one can be offended here, no one can argue.

Our Lord has created persons for all states in life, and in all of them we see people who achieved sanctity by fulfilling their obligations well.” ~St. Anthony Mary Claret

Obedience is mission: "I have come into this world to do the will of my Father, who has sent me." Where there is no obedience, there is no virtue; where there is no virtue there is no good; where good is wanting, there is no love, there is no God; where God is not, there is no Heaven.” ~St. Padre Pio

Pondering these thoughts today: Because of their Rejection of Jesus, the Pharisees and the Herodians really wanted to trap Him, with their twisted question about taxes. But we all know Jesus does not pay any attention to the value of earthly goods; but God knows His own and desires only that which is His. We must know and understand that we belong to God, fully and completely. With that said, consider this my sisters and brothers, “Render unto God the things that are God’s.” It may not be easy to fully live your life for our Lord; but it is possible. Today I challenge you with a prayer from St Anselm. Pray it often to guide you and shield your innocence and strengthen your allegiance to our Lord:

Prayer of St Anselm
Lord, because you have made me, I owe you the whole of my love; because you have redeemed me, I owe you the whole of myself; because you have promised so much, I owe you my whole being.

I pray you, Lord, make me taste by love what I taste by knowledge; let me know by love what I know by understanding. I owe you more than my whole self, but I have no more, and by myself I cannot render the whole of it to you. Draw me to you, Lord, in the fullness of your love. I am wholly yours by creation; make me all yours, too, in love. Amen.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Tuesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…