Thursday, February 1, 2018

For Their Journey

BEADS OF JOY 02-01-18
“For Their Journey”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 6:7-13 (Mission of The Twelve)
“And he called to him the twelve, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them authority over the unclean spirits. He charged them to take nothing for their journey except a staff; no bread, no bag, no money in their belts; but to wear sandals and not put on two tunics. And he said to them, "Where you enter a house, stay there until you leave the place. And if any place will not receive you and they refuse to hear you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet for a testimony against them." So, they went out and preached that men should repent. And they cast out many demons and anointed with oil many that were sick and healed them.”

Reflection:
We are all on a journey, I absolutely love the one I am on, I pray that you feel the same on yours. The greatest part about a Spiritual Journey, is that we can all be on it together; even though we may all be in different places on this journey. Here is a question to consider: How can we draw others to Jesus? I’ve been thinking about that the entire trip. The answer is very simple. Just think about the people or person in your life that you easily think of and why. Yes, of cause everyone’s answer will be different and yes, I know everyone’s reasons will be different. But, I am speaking about that person who always seems happy, positive, out-going, maybe even bubbly, yet very humble, not pushy, friendly, kind and always keeping you in mind, when there are things they see that might interest you. Now you know who I am talking about. It isn’t always a family member.

Ok, let’s think of that person for a moment. Why are you draw to them? Why are you smiling now, when you are thinking of them? What makes you so happy thinking about them? See, there are so many positive questions to ask when that person is even being talked about. That is a great starting point for us. I believe (now this is me talking) … I believe that if we have a very positive persona and personality about us, that alone, will draw other people to us; stay with me, now if we are able to create that following, why not use that, to share Jesus and our Lady, not in a preachy, pushy fashion, no, rather in a relaxed, as a matter a fact, my life is so incredible, because I love Jesus fashion. Do this in such a way that people are drawn in, and want to be around you, just to be around you. I hope what I just typed directly from my brain, LOL, made sense. Wow. I know that was a lot.

Hopefully, you digested all of that. I learned very quickly early on when I got onto the internet, how the law of attraction works. I am only talking about when people have a direct interest in what you are talking about. It’s a business term. This is where like minded positive people are drawn to you. Well, the internet opened a flood gate of people from around the world to my ministry, starting from way back in the mid 1980’s. I use to joke around back then, I’d say, “It’s just me, Mark Zuckerburg and maybe three others out here.” Honestly, there was hardly anyone out there and there weren’t many businesses or churches or anything online yet, it took many years for all of that to evolve; but it was a fantastic journey. We had our business online and we did all our insurance activities online direct with Allstate; that’s why I had online access so quickly, so early back then. We didn’t even have Windows back then. Anyhow. Who we are plays such an important role in how we will draw others to Jesus. Whether it be one on one or to an audience of 5 million. Always be the same positive God-fearing person you are.

Pondering these thoughts today: The internet is so exciting. Yes, I miss the old days of sitting around the kitchen table talking and laughing; but now I can face-time my son and grandson in Arizona while we are all sitting around that same table. It’s a whole new world out here and whenever I think of sharing Jesus, our Lady and the Rosary; I think of it in a way that includes the entire world. If your faith is solid and you really really really love Jesus, our Blessed Mother and some devotion; reach out and share it with others. Yes, you may get some strange replies, but with that said; you will also get some wonderful, incredible replies and you will be able to grow spiritually with others around the world. If I can help you in anyway, just let me know. God Bless You.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!