Monday, February 12, 2018

Truly, I Say To You

BEADS OF JOY 02-12-18
“Truly, I Say To You”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 8:11-13 (Demand For A Sign)
“The Pharisees came and began to argue with him, seeking from him a sign from heaven, to test him. And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and said, "Why does this generation seek a sign? Truly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation." And he left them and getting into the boat again he departed to the other side.”

Reflection:
There is something very profound that Theresa of Avila's wrote on a bookmark in her prayer book: “Let nothing disturb you, let nothing frighten you; All things pass: God never changes. Patience achieves all it strives for. Whoever has God lacks nothing, God alone suffices.” Wow! Now, try to digest each piece and part of that. It is absolutely amazing how powerful that is, but in its complexity of words, its message is simple, “Fully Trust In God.”

This life will soon pass, and all these things will not matter, all that will matter is where we will spend our eternity. But the things that matter here and now, is how we prepare for the day we enter into eternity. I have no fear for that day, my mom used to think I was crazy when I use to talk like this a lot, about twenty years ago. When I used to talk a lot about Heaven. She would say, “Jim, this can’t be healthy, you’re not taking any drugs, right, did you talk to Fr. Mullally, what does he say about all this talk.” LOL, it was hysterical, because I was talking so much about Heaven, like I was going there tomorrow. I guess her concerns as a mom were understandable, but really mom.

Yes, Heaven can wait. But, I am looking forward that day. This life is all about preparing for that day. I know we don’t know when that day will come, but if we live that day, as if everyday is that day, then we will be ready at all times. I just love my Lord and my faith so much that I feel Heaven is our place to unite and celebrate and be with all our loved ones and it will be a most exciting day and eternity, I truly can’t imagine the joy of that place in words. Anyway, let me reel myself back down to this earthly reality.

Pondering these thoughts today: Live a life that fully trusts in God without question. We don’t always have to understand God, we only need to love Him and trust in Him. Also, live a life always prepared to go to Heaven. We do not know the day or the hour, so being prepared is very important, there is no make-up exam. We only get to do this once. I don’t think I can blog in Heaven? Hmmm Have to check the program?



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.