Sunday, February 4, 2018

Let Us Go On

BEADS OF JOY 02-04-18
“Let Us Go On”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 1:29-39 (A Healing & Jesus Leaves Capernaum)
“And immediately he left the synagogue, and entered the house of Simon and Andrew, with James and John. Now Simon's mother-in-law lay sick with a fever, and immediately they told him of her. And he came and took her by the hand and lifted her up, and the fever left her; and she served them. That evening, at sundown, they brought to him all who were sick or possessed with demons. And the whole city was gathered together about the door. And he healed many who were sick with various diseases and cast out many demons; and he would not permit the demons to speak, because they knew him. And in the morning, a great while before day, he rose and went out to a lonely place, and there he prayed. And Simon and those who were with him pursued him, and they found him and said to him, "Everyone is searching for you." And he said to them, "Let us go on to the next towns, that I may preach there also; for that is why I came out." And he went throughout all Galilee, preaching in their synagogues and casting out demons.”

Reflection:
Do we really allow our Lord to be the healer of our life in all ways? Obviously, healing isn’t always physical, sometimes it’s emotional. God knows our needs and how they must be met, but the real question is; do we allow Him enough in our lives to do just that? Sometimes we talk too much, demand too much, ask too much, want too much and never listen enough. But, we are blessed with a merciful loving God who understands us, much better than I can ever explain it; and a Holy Spirit who helps guide us when we don’t fully understand. That my friends, is the part, that is simply amazing, on this journey we call faith.

As my children and I continue to move forward, further and further away from the rawest part of our sorrow and pain; we feel our Lord’s loving embrace more and more. The clouds of our tears have begun to lift and now we begin to see more clearly. There always will be a time for great sorrow, especially when you lose someone you love. All the memories and all the cherished moments, do not just disappear when that person passes away. It’s been so hard for me to put into words much of this horrible experience. I know that’s odd, Jimmy not being able to express himself.?? LOL! Strange?? But as time moves forward, it’s getting easier to speak more about these things. And now the kids seem to want to talk more about this. They have been coming to me more. So, with that being said, it seems we are all wanting and needing healing together.

This experience is all new to me and I never knew what to expect after the funeral. I remember what I was told, by a dear friend (around my age) who lost his wife and has kids, “Jim, everyone will heal at a different pace and everyone will have different needs along the way, some will want to talk, some won’t, some will stay secluded, while others will celebrate with photos. Just have patience, even with yourself, it’s been many many years for me and I still have my moments. It isn’t easy brother.” I never forgot those words he said to me at the funeral. He is a fellow Knight.

Pondering these thoughts today: Healing begins with Jesus. In order for Jesus to heal us, He must be in our lives. Open your heart and let Him in, if you are in a situation like mine, pray and entrench yourself in His Word and find a devotion that you really love, mine is the Rosary. Once you have those 3 components in your life, go to Mass faithfully and often as possible and try your best to go to confession monthly. Stay focused on Jesus every single day. Give Him the bulk of your time, especially if you don’t have the time. Yeah, some who know my life’s schedule say, “Jim, you can say that, you are home every day, you have all the time to do all these things.” Well, really. Right now, I am trying to find some sort of work, very difficult, I have been out since my strokes for 3 years now (and I’m not fully healed), not such an easy re-entry. I have no car, no savings, no nothing. So, with all that flutter of truth spewed out, I still consider my faith journey my most worthy basket of Gold in this life. Will everything work out for me? Yes! In God’s plan for me it will, I know it will, because it’s His plan, not mine.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!