Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Ash Wednesday

My first e-book link at the bottom..
BEADS OF JOY
 02-14-18
“Ash Wednesday”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18 (Almsgiving, Prayer & Fasting)
“Beware of practicing your piety before men in order to be seen by them; for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. "Thus, when you give alms, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your alms may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you. "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you. "And when you fast, do not look dismal, like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by men. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by men but by your Father who is in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.”

Reflection:
Lent begins today. What will your focus be? Are you giving something up? Are you adding something? Or are you giving something up that is unique in that it is not a food or a drink? More like, complaining, gossip or something of that nature? I can remember when we were house of 7 people; I’d post a sign with everyone’s name and at the top of the page it would say, what are you giving up for Lent. Then we would all on our own write in our sacrifice for Lent. Some would say Chips, another would say Cookies. It was a nice way for everyone to see each other’s sacrifices and we all help each other make it through Lent.

Lent has changed so much through the years. Yes, I still give up a favorite food or candy or drink; because my worst is a favorite food or candy or drink. LOL. When I speak of change, I mean that all our kids have grown up now. It was so wonderful having five kids all around us all those years; all the laughs and all the fun and all the memories. But time does move forward, and children become adults and now our oldest child has a child, so the next generation has begun to surface. It is truly a whole new world of discovery and joys and laughter and there was some suffering and tears along the way.

Pondering these thoughts today: Today begins a fresh new chapter in my life. I hope to not only have a fantastic, exciting, incredible Lent; but today I will be posting a book on my Bookshelf in Kindle. YES, I will begin to be a published Author Today! This is so exciting for me. I have been writing since 1982. Hoping and praying my whole life that one day something would happen, and then Kindle happened. I will keep you posted. This will be a Lenten Friday Devotional called “Mary’s Way of The Cross w/ Rosary Man Jim” a completely revised and more devotional edition. 22 pages long and 6700 words all for .99 cents. I am just trying to get into a career that I have a passion for; and my faith and writing come together nicely. There will always be this blog, but I want to also write outside this blog. I pray that you have a fantastic Ash Wednesday.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Ash Wednesday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…