Saturday, February 17, 2018

He Left Everything

BEADS OF JOY 02-17-18
“He Left Everything”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 5:27-32 (The Call of Levi)
“After this he went out, and saw a tax collector, named Levi, sitting at the tax office; and he said to him, "Follow me." And he left everything and rose and followed him. And Levi made him a great feast in his house; and there was a large company of tax collectors and others sitting at table with them. And the Pharisees and their scribes murmured against his disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" And Jesus answered them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick; I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Reflection:
I don’t know if it’s the Dynamic Catholic thoughts scrambling in my brain today or just so many other things I can’t get a handle on. But when I open today’s blog to write, I see the title, “He Left Everything” And I think of how Chrissy, left everything; mostly because these past 2 months, Travis and I are going through everything. It’s not just Christine’s stuff, it’s 30 years of all our stuff, and the flood of emotion we hit from time to time is overwhelming. There is no way I could have done this a year ago, or even six months ago; 2018 was when the sorting had to begin. Hopefully by April or May we will be 100% done.

There is so much going on right now, everything is manageable, but a lot of good, some is heart breaking, some there are no answers, but in the end, we are all moving forward with the things we need to do. Travis and I are downsizing my life. Travis maybe moving out by March 1st, so he wants to help me as much as possible before he does. Me, I’m staying here, I’m moving out, one son in Niagara Falls wants me to move up and be with him, my other son in Arizona wants me to move down there and be with him and my grandson. Yea, as you see, I have no clue what I am going to do, but that’s all good for now, I don’t have to decide right now this very minute.

It’ll actually be, me an Charlie, he graduates from high school this year. And then he says within a year he wants to go to either Arizona or California. So, since there haven’t been any plans for any of us, as of now, we haven’t a clue what we are doing, yet. LOL. I hope I am not boring you with all of this, but what I am trying to get at is there has been great progress in our healing here at home. We never know how long it takes to get through the grieving process, especially when there are many people involved in the healing. But, for us we are moving forward in a healthy way and we are starting to notice it now.

Pondering these thoughts today: Today Matthew Kelly talked about The Power of Progress. And we as a family have made some incredible progress. We are so blessed to be surrounded by some incredible friends and family that have helped us get through this. I am ever grateful for Becky and all of her family, they helped make 2017 a year of parties, family gatherings and reunions. Thank you for allowing me to be part of such a dynamic fun family. Even though throughout last year I was struggling with my emotions, trying to find balance and peace, you guys helped me laugh and have fun. Thank you, God has blessed me with you guys. Progress, sometimes it’s just knowing it’s alright to smile again.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.