Thursday, February 15, 2018

Take Up His Cross

BEADS OF JOY 02-15-18
“Take Up His Cross”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Luke 9:22-25 (First Prediction of The Passion)
“The Son of man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and on the third day be raised." And he said to all, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake, he will save it. For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses or forfeits himself?”

Reflection:
It maybe hard to say in words exactly what I am going to try to say; but taking up you cross daily is a very healing process of spiritual growth, that we should all experience. I don’t mean that in such a way that it brings pain and suffering to you; but then there are those who are blessed, who can and do see that as a daily blessing as they suffer. We are all on a different path, all leading to the same Lord. Some of us will get there quicker then others, while others will amazing take very long journeys; maybe even beyond most their families lives.

It is through my own humbling experience of losing everything and then eventually losing my wife and then losing everything again, that I have come to realize and appreciate life in a whole new way. Not that I don’t see it like I did before; no, now I see it and appreciate it more. During Chrissy’s six years of illness, we went down a very difficult road of taking care of her. I didn’t care what the cost was, losing everything meant nothing to me; I just wanted her to be ok, I am only sharing this in direct reflection about the cross in which we carried. Then her six years of medical needs and comfort took its toll on everything we had, including me.

This cross in my eye, at that time was a blessing; and now hine sight back it is a healing. I would have died for her in an instant to save her life. The cost did not matter, I just didn’t want to see her suffer any more. You see once you know that the love of another or the love of Jesus is the reason; the weight of the cross doesn’t become a duty any longer. Instead of running away from the cross, you are now embracing it with a heart full of love as to why, and the willingness to do so is there. Do not fear the cross our Lord has given you, for He is there with you helping you carry your cross.

Pondering these thoughts today: Jesus teaches us how important it is for us to be like Him in many ways. Like Him, we must carry our own crosses through life. Our cross through life will change, at times it will be very light and at other times we will fall several times along the way because of its weight. Keep your eyes on Jesus the entire time and you will indeed find the strength to keep moving forward. I am happy that life has given me some humongous crosses to bear; but I am blessed that Jesus knew He can trust that I would do my best, through trusting Him to carry it. Thank you, Lord.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!