Sunday, February 11, 2018

He Was Made Clean

BEADS OF JOY 02-11-18
“He Was Made Clean”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 1:40-45 (Cleansing of a Leper)
“And a leper came to him begging him, and kneeling said to him, "If you will, you can make me clean." Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, "I will; be clean." And immediately the leprosy left him, and he was made clean. And he sternly charged him, and sent him away at once, and said to him, "See that you say nothing to any one; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, for a proof to the people." But he went out and began to talk freely about it, and to spread the news, so that Jesus could no longer openly enter a town, but was out in the country; and people came to him from every quarter.”

Reflection:
Back in those days if you were a leper, you were regarded as already dead, not only by the community, but even by your own family. But, Jesus did not see it that way. When this man came begging to Jesus, kneeling before him; Jesus met him with compassion and kindness unlike anyone else has ever before. And Jesus touched him, and he was immediately healed. We must keep all things in perspective when it comes to our Lord’s healing. What do I mean?

Jesus did not heal every single person in ever single town and in every single place He ever was. And in full perspective to that, even the people he heals in our age, they still eventually died, and some are never healed. I can’t speak for God, but what I do know is that all things are for the Glory of God. What tends to happen to many (not all I know) but what happens to many who are seriously ill? They pray a lot and many others pray for them. Yes, they/we pray for a miracle, so that they are healed. In some cases, it does happen, and we rejoice; but why doesn’t it happen to everyone?

This is my understanding to that. When someone is ill, seriously ill, it is usually a long journey and long battle with many doctors and many tests and sometimes for many years. Throughout all of this, by my own witness; this person’s illness brings others to pray for them. Many who may otherwise not pray at all, and even some who I have seen through the years, who didn’t even want to go to Mass, now want to go to Mass. The illness with God’s hand brings many to Him, so through the suffering of one, many are brought home and healed. Did that make sense? It made sense in my head. And throughout many long-term illnesses there are many ups and downs, sometimes even the slightest positive news, is in and of itself a miracle. And what happens with those praying for that person? They rejoice to the Lord in Thanksgiving. So, while someone is suffering the people surrounding them who love them, tend to deepen their faith. Yes, there are variations, I can only go by what I have witnessed.

Pondering these thoughts today: The message I got today is that even though we may not fully understand all that Jesus does, especially in those He so choses to heal; one thing we do know, is that Jesus is a loving and compassionate Lord and whatever He does, is for the Glory and Praise of Almighty God. As a personal side note: I have a dilemma that maybe in my face in 90 days, if I can’t grab hold of it before then; the end results will be very difficult and beyond stressful for me and my youngest son Charlie. Please keep us in your prayers. But, know that I am fully and completely trusting in Almighty God and I am doing all I can to focus at the task at hand, to prevent it. But, it’s all in God’s hands and His Will shall prevail. Jesus, I trust in You.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!