Thursday, February 8, 2018

You May Go Your Way

BEADS OF JOY 02-08-18
“You May Go Your Way”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 7:24-30 (The Syrophoenician Woman’s Faith)
“And from there he arose and went away to the region of Tyre and Sidon. And he entered a house and would not have any one knows it; yet he could not be hid. But immediately a woman, whose little daughter was possessed by an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell down at his feet. Now the woman was a Greek, a Syrophoenician by birth. And she begged him to cast the demon out of her daughter. And he said to her, "Let the children first be fed, for it is not right to take the children's bread and throw it to the dogs." But she answered him, "Yes, Lord; yet even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs." And he said to her, "For this saying you may go your way; the demon has left your daughter." And she went home, and found the child lying in bed, and the demon gone.”

Reflection:
Do you have persistent faith like the woman in today’s gospel? And are you willing to suffer so that others may heal. The woman in today’s gospel, reminds me of how Chrissy handled her day to day suffering. She never let anything pull her down when it came to the pain she endured, I witnessed it first-hand. Yes, she cried and yes, her tears were very real, but they were tears of sorrow; her tears were the tears of what she knew she was going to miss out on in our family’s future. She had told me that many times. “Jim, I’ll never see Charlie graduate high school, I’ll see our children’s family’s, we’re not going to grow old together, I’m so sorry.” That pain is so hard to explain. But know this, she never cried about her suffering. She always always always said, “I suffer so others don’t have to, God knows I can handle it.” Remember Chrissy wrote and said, “As Jesus Is, I am” referring to His suffering for others.

It is a true gift of love from God to be able to embrace suffering. Jesus himself endured tremendous suffering; suffering beyond our understanding. Yes, it was all because of His love for us, that He was able to endure it. Do we, or can we, understand it? I honestly don’t think we need to analyze it and have a definitive answer, this is God’s Will and that’s all we need to know. Jesus clearly tells us in Luke 14:27, “Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.” For each one of us, that cross is different, but for some of us, it is a very heavy, enormous cross that sometimes takes our lives. Again, we don’t fully understand it, but God’s Will has God’s reason and purpose imbedded in it and we are not to question it.

I am a Scripture Guy, I love scripture. I enjoy researching and I got some scriptures that relate to suffering I think you may like to know.

Romans 8:16-18The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us.”


2 Corinthians 1:5-7For just as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also our comfort is abundant through Christ. But if we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; or if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which is effective in the patient enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; and our hope for you is firmly grounded, knowing that as you are sharers of our sufferings, so also you are sharers of our comfort.”


2 Timothy 2:3Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.”


Pondering these thoughts today: Well well, what can I say. Today I will say this, though some may think I am off my meds. LOL. But whatever the future holds for me, whatever illnesses are in my path, or whatever, whatever, whatever, whatever God’s Will is for my life… SO BE IT. I embrace the suffering and pain for His sake and for His love for me, no matter what happens to me. I publicly make this statement with no fear and no regrets. Jesus Christ my Lord I love you with all my heart, you will always be my Lord till my last breath.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!