Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Both Heard The Command

Beads of Joy 12-14-10

Both Heard The Command
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Praise Jesus for the excitement and Joy always found in any of His parables. Maybe it's just me, and then maybe it's not. Parables to me are God's way of teaching us His truths in a fun story sort of way, and to me I further my love of parables; where I find myself sharing with others about God's word and love in a sort of parablicial story kind of way. LOL. Ok, I just made up that word, but I think you get the gist of all that. LOL, Wow. I am still the same goofy, weird, strange, solid faith believing person I was before, and I always will be. No challenges or sorrow or pain, can keep me from the love I have for my Lord. But know that my interest and desire in learning more and more about parables, gets me very Joyful inside. Today we are reflecting on Matthew 21:28-32 (The Parable of The Two Sons). Obedience to God, is what gives us eternal life. We need not understand everything put before us. We don't even have to be well versed in scripture, but if God directs our lives to Him, and the road seems hard and difficult, do not turn away. Rather buckle down and forge forward. If we are to enjoy God's eternity with Him; then there is a price to be paid, along with a heart that must obey.

Two sons and how each of them responds, is our focus today. Let us keep in mind, both sons heard the same exact command from their father. The first son in answer to his father's wishes, straight out told him, "I will not." This is a rather rude response for a son to his father. This makes us think of how rude and mean the world around us really is. Yes many hate our faith and our belief, many wish us the worst and have no fear in telling us that straight to our face. Let's further the boldness in this evil. The world around us now a days openly sins and don't really care about the consequences, or the evil in their sins, they just don't care. How sad for them, we must pray for the ignorant and disobedient people around us, as we live our lives. Now let's look at the second son who said, "I go, Sir; and went not." He straight out lied to his father, at least his brother was honest in his rudeness. But this son mislead his father with what he knew he wanted to hear; then he just disobeyed him anyway. This son never had any intention to follow his father's will. What to now make of all this, the first son was bold, but very guilty no doubt; the second son was indeed a coward, and deceitfully misleading with his intentions. Both sons represent the sinner, different, yet the same.

Living a self-satisfying life is sad, especially if you really believe we really do not need God. If you really feel content and secure because of your achievements and the title you have in this life; furthering that sense of success with a large bankbook, how sad is your life. You may have worldly success but sadly you are spiritually bankrupt. Treasure in Heaven is just that "treasure". If all we do is store away and focus on what matters here and refuse to live a life preparing for our death, how sad the life that person is living. We can have the best of intentions with everything, not even a promise has the same value as if we were to actually follow through with our words. Changing our ways, is all about changing our hearts, which changes our ways. Let's not lose that treasure, by refusing God's grace, mercy, kindness and love. Nothing in this world should matter more to us then to obey and serve our Lord with a cheerful, loving, sincere heart.

God is first, He is the only
Nothing can take His place,
At His word I must obey
Honor, love and fully embrace
.

How can we really be more obedient and willing to God's request in our lives? For starters, and I know many won't understand this; but be thankful in everything that happens to you, good, bad, painful, serious, scary, whatever. Thank God for the blessing that is often times embedded inside the tears that come down your cheek, in the pain you are enduring. God has worked many miracles in the midst of some of the most serious moments in our lives. I will tell you I admit I thank Jesus for everything put in my path of life. The pain in my heart, the suffering of my wife, the challenges we face in our life, its hardships, our shortcomings. All things, I ALWAYS find it in my heart to look up to Heaven and say, "Thank you Jesus." Often times when my heart feel ripped out of my body, I say, "Thank you Lord, I have no idea why this is happening, but I know it will end with glory and praise to You." Absolute trust in a God that does not and will not ever forsake us, is truly the key to being so spiritually content in this world, that no words can ever express the Joy I feel in my heart, every single day.

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus

Please consider taking a moment and see what our son Christopher is doing for his mom, my wife. This has brought tears to our eyes as we learned about this yesterday:

http://www.giveforward.com/christinedaceyslungcancer