Thursday, December 30, 2010

Resolutions To Make In 2011

Beads of Joy 12-30-10

Resolutions To Make In 2011
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Well the New Year is just two more days away. It's really wonderful how so many people use this time to make some resolutions in their lives. I usually suggest some serious spiritual resolutions. Also lets take this time to deepen our relationship with Jesus; get closer to our family and friends and what can we do for others, those we know and those we don't know. My usual breakdown of resolutions include: spiritual, family, others, and I also add hobbies (interests), including new things I'd like to start in my life. But I have also been known for making an 8-10 page write up of resolutions covering every aspect of my life. So this resolution thing can get nuts, But I will keep it calm today. LOL

example
Spiritual Resolutions 2011:
-Deepen my spiritual life, even further into His word. This year begin my handwritten gospel, this time write it in a hard-covered notebook to keep it. Write only the four gospels. (I have done this already for a couple years, very rewarding).

I will do this resolution again this year.

How does one begin doing something like this you ask? Some have asked me. It's really simple, on a clean sheet of lined paper on the top write: 2011 Resolutions, then start on the first line with Spiritual, go down a couple lines, then write Family, then go down a couple lines, then write Others. You can add as many topics you so desire. You don't even have to make resolutions, this is just fun to do, to help you personally build your spiritual life, your family life or whatever..growth. When I do make my huge lists of resolutions, usually by like the end of February my list has boiled down to the my main focus for the year, so see even those long lists of resolutions serve a purpose.

Here are some fun Resolutions to consider:

-Learn a gospel song, either the words or playing it with an instrument.

-Volunteer to serve or prepare food at shelters for the homeless.

-Always tell the person at the Drive-Thru, your order is "to go".

-Eat more meals together as a family, ice cream and popcorn to.

-Take the time this year to start a family ritual.

-Find what each of my children's favorite thing is, and become part of that with them.

-Share my love for my Lord at least 3 times a week, to someone new.

-Do at least one random act of kindness a day, everyday.

-Be thee absolute best parent you can be, kind, understanding, firm, loving.

-Be thee absolute best brother or sister in the Lord, you can be.

-Be the most reliable, honest, sincere worker, no matter where you work.

-Give away your most prized possession to someone you only recently met, who you know would love it.

-Read my bible cover to cover, and when I am done, do it again.

HAVE FUN WITH THIS !!!!

"Jesus, I trust in You."


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Luminous Mysteries

1. Baptism of Jesus
2. Wedding at Cana
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom
4. The Transfiguration
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist