Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve - Home Cooking

Beads of Joy 12-24-10

Christmas Eve - Home Cooking
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Here I am just starting out "Uncle Jimmy's Tomato Sauce", yes it's my own homemade tomato sauce recipe. I have been making this for about 20 years now, the exact same way every time; and in the same huge quantity so I can freeze a lot of it. Ask anyone in my family and even many friends, and they know of this masterpiece I make it at ever major holiday. Today I am making my famous Lasagna. This sauce will simmer for 10-12 hours before I even let it cool down to assemble my Lasagna and Ziti trays. I am 100% Italian, my family is Neapolitans. Both my great grandparents on my mothers and my fathers side all come from Naples. Salerno is our most populated family area. We are the DeCio's ((da-che-o) that's our original name from Italy), the DeRosa's, DePetro's, and the Merola's are all our families ancestry names from Italy. I make about 14 Quarts at a time. I have a huge stainless steel pot, made for making very large quantities of tomato sauce. I had to do some research to find the actual recipe, I don't have to follow it to make all this. It's all natural for me now. And remarkably it tastes the same every single time. God has blessed me with a love for food, LOL, like he hasn't blessed many with that one. LOL.

Family traditions are so important, in time I will pass down this "Lasagna Tradition" at each of our kids home with their families. And I will be there side by side with them, till they do it naturally. I will say it, without pride, but everyone in our family drools over this homemade tomato sauce. This is my own 20 year tradition in our home, using thee exact same ingredients every single time.

IN PROGRESS...(not complete yet)


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO

Today we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony in the Garden
2. The Scourging at the Pillar
3. Crowing with Thorns
4. Carrying of the Cross
5. The Crucifixion of Jesus