Monday, December 3, 2012

Hope - Found In Trust

BEADS OF JOY 12-03-12 “Hope- Found In Trust”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,
The title of today’s blog is fitting for the week that lies ahead. This is a week of HOPE and in this week we learn that many of the gospel’s are about healing. In today’s gospel we are reflecting upon Matthew 8:5-11 (The Healing of a Centurions Servant). I love this healing, the Centurion was an upright, respectful, faithful man; he placed all his hope in the healing of his servant, in the trust that Jesus would do this for him, simply by say the word and he would be healed, and indeed he was. He showed such an amazing demonstration of public faith and that came from a commander; a commander of hundreds of soldiers.
Let us take a moment and consider in this reflection, just prior to the commander speaking with Jesus. The pain and suffering of his servant that must have been on his heart; he must have known who Jesus was; he did refer to Jesus as “Lord”. In fact being a commander and Jesus being in His public ministry, he probably knew where Jesus would be that day. This man most likely started his day in the HOPE that he would have the chance to speak directly with Jesus; to ask Him to heal his servant. Very impressive and encouraging, not only in his words of confidence requesting a healing, he just knew it would happen; all Jesus had to do was command it, and it would, and it did. We worship and love and adore a most powerful, loving, merciful Lord. These simple stories are a large part of the reason why my Spirit is always on fire for Him every single day.
I have read it like this from author Herbert Lockyer, in regards to the soldier, “It was great in its self-forgetting humbleness. There was no vestige of desire for honor to himself, for consideration of his standing, in the way the Centurion proffered his request. This is faith’s true mark- “None but Christ.”” Even in this situation, back in the beginning years of our Lord’s ministry, many understood that all glory and all honor goes to Jesus Christ. Amen!!!! I love this, our faith and what we believe and what we share and what we say, has a history unlike any other. I simply love it!!!
Please in your life, try to allow Jesus to engulf you; allow Him to take over your every thought; allow Him to take over all your wishes, all your dreams, all your time. I know I have shared this before, but I say it again to help encourage you, all of you, to somehow do what I do- in your own life. My life is 100% Jesus… Even when I am work and especially when I am at home. All things Jesus, all the time; I have no hobby that isn’t praiseworthy to my Lord. I don’t follow sports, but I do enjoy watching them; I don’t drink, I don’t smoke, and I have never done drugs. I gave my Lord, my entire life back in 1983, and it has been amazing ever since. Jesus and Mary are a huge big part of my life; every single day that I live. To me, there is no point to live for otherwise. Of cause I have a family that I love and that I tend to with joy immeasurable; these references are about my spiritual life, my spiritual well-being, all of which are entwined in everything I do. Join me; unite with me in living like this. It will forever change your life for the better. In all things you will learn how to REJOICE like I do. Surrender all your HOPE in Him.


Jesus, I Trust in You.”

Your Brother in Christ Jesus
and His Most Precious Mother Mary,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS