Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hope - To See & Know Jesus

BEADS OF JOY 12-04-12
“Hope – To See & Know Jesus”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,
Let me start with a quote from today’s gospel reading, “Then turning to the disciples he said privately, "Blessed are the eyes which see what you see! For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it." That was verses 23-24, today’s gospel can be found in Luke 10:21-24 (Blessed Are The Eyes That See). We should live in joyful HOPE that Jesus will come again to us and that He alone will establish His Kingdom for us. With confidence and HOPE and what Jesus has told us; this kingdom will be one of righteousness and peace. But before all this; we must see Him and know Him and love Him and embrace Him in a personal relationship.
Before we get into it, let us be clear that we know things that are in God’s interest or will for us, come from Him alone. One key to being able to do this is that we must live in simplicity and humility before Him, like babes in His sight. This journey in life can be as easy or as difficult as we see it to be. I know we don’t have control of the events that surround us; but we do have control as to how we respond and how we see them. In our life there is one very severe sin that we must do all we can to avoid and that sin is pride. It is a very dangerous sin, this sin leads us to only place all our hope and praise in ourselves. The foundation of all sin usually starts with this sin. If it’s all about us, then we know it’s not all about Him. Our lives must always be like one of a servant, serving and listening and seeing what the Lord desires of us. I know that isn’t the popular answer or preference from most; but it is the truth.
RIGHT NOW – RIGHT HERE, ok RIGHT THERE where you are, give to Jesus your life completely, entirely, holding nothing back. Place every spec of your being into His arms; give Him full reign of your life, putting all of your Hope and Trust in Him. Allow Him to guide you; allow Him to encourage you; ask Him to bless you. You will be asking for to be tested with asking for that, I promise you that. But knowing that you can be strong in what might come your way is important. For in Christ we are strong, no matter what comes our way.
My Story is the perfect example... Chrissy situation wasn’t something we knew would happen in our families’ lives, nothing we could plan for. But no matter; in Christ I have been made strong to nurture my love. God has given me the foresight to gain the insight in being of service to the woman He has blessed me to spend my life with. I don’t want any praise or anything, I am honored to be able to be the one to serve her, help her and guide her; as she suffers and as she recovers. I sometimes have no clue how I got through some days I experience. But in my heart I know its Gods saving grace that gives me the Hope and the fortitude and the strength to conquer what shouldn’t or couldn’t be conquered. Seeing and knowing Jesus is my ultimate strength. You too can do the same. Let today be the first day for the rest of your life with Jesus.

Jesus, I Trust in You.”

Your Brother in Christ Jesus
and His Most Precious Mother Mary,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS