“Repent – Prepare for Confession”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS
It’s been a busy couple of days. I hope this is very helpful. One good thing is that a list like this keeps you in check, especially if you examine your conscience as frequently (bi-weekly) as I do.
"You shall not steal." (Ex 20:15) "You shall not covet your neighbor's goods." (Ex 20:17)
- Did I steal, cheat, help or encourage others to steal or keep stolen goods? Have I made restitution for stolen goods?
- Did I fulfill my contracts; give or accept bribes; pay my bills; rashly gamble or speculate; deprive my family of the necessities of life?
- Did I waste time at work, school or at home?
- Did I envy other people's families or possessions?
- Did I make material possessions the purpose of my life?
"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor." (Ex 20:16)
- Did I lie? Or do I lie?
- Did I deliberately deceive others, or injure others by lies?
- Did I commit perjury?
- Did I gossip or reveal others' faults or sins?
- Did I fail to keep secret what should be confidential?
- Did I fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday?
- Did I eat meat on the Fridays of Lent or Ash Wednesday?
- Did I fail to receive Holy Communion during Eastertime?
- Did I go to Holy Communion in a state of mortal sin? Without fasting (water and medicine permitted) for one hour from food and drink?
- Did I make a bad confession?
- Did I fail to contribute to the support of the Church?
and His Most Precious Mother Mary,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS