Saturday, December 1, 2012

Prepare For Advent

BEADS OF JOY 12-01-12 “Prepare For Advent”
©2012 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,
Advent 1, Year C
Advent is without a doubt one of the most exciting times for Catholics to celebrate and to prepare for. Jesus is coming!!! We will have a frenzy of Joy, gift wrapping, baking and most importantly worship that we will all experience as this most Joyous season of Advent begins. What are your plans for Christmas this year? Will family and friends be in your home, singing Christmas carols, while the turkey is in the oven and the kids are unwrapping their presents? Or maybe you will be taking a journey to see Grandma and Grandpa, packing the car with all the wonderful gifts you made for them and we can’t forget to bring the pumpkin pie. Now is the time to begin planning these wonderful activities. This is also the time for all of us to prepare for Jesus’ arrival.  Yes we all know He is already here; it’s just so much fun and so important for us to make the time we need to prepare our hearts and minds each year for His arrival. Your Christmas will only be perfect is Jesus is in your celebration.
Advent, hmm… What is Advent? It’s a time for preparation; a time for prayer; a time for reflection; a time for conversion; it’s a time for us to fully bring Jesus into our lives, into our homes. Do you know what will really make this Advent season the best it could ever be for you and your family? Once Jesus is born and all the festivity has quieted down and all the after Christmas sales are done; truly invite Jesus to remain with you in your heart, in your home and in your lives. Take it from me; it’ll be Christmas all year long once you do. I can remember back in 1983 when I experienced my first Christmas, the first Christmas where Jesus was one thousand percent of my life. I can’t remember having such a joyous Christmas like that first one. Don’t get me wrong, we had fantastic, festive, endless gift giving Christmas’ through the years when I was kid and even now; but none can compare to the very first one that ignited my already on fire heart love for my Lord. And then when Christmas was over, Jesus stayed with me and has remained with me 365/24/7 and I love it… You can to…
Think of Advent like this:
Through these weeks I will be here sharing and guiding you.

Week 1 – HOPE:

Think of the empty manger, waiting for Jesus.
Week 2 – PREPARE:
The shepherds begin to travel towards the manger.
Week 3 – REPENT:
Mary and Joseph know the time is drawing near.
Week 4 – RESPOND:
The Magi are closer and nearer to Him now with gifts and praise.

Jesus, I Trust in You.”

Your Brother in Christ Jesus
and His Most Precious Mother Mary,
Jimmy (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS