Thursday, July 14, 2016

Gentle Mastery of Christ

BEADS OF JOY 07-14-16
“Gentle Mastery of Christ”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

 My Friends,



Today’s Gospel: Matt. 11:28-30 (Gentle Mastery of Christ)
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Reflection:
Do you find it easy to submit to God’s Will in your life (even though you may not fully know or understand it)? Jesus unites with us throughout our lives in good times and most especially in bad times. When our lives and issues and challenges become so heavy that we are weighed down; Jesus steps in and helps us by uniting with us so we don’t have to bear the burden alone. If you are familiar with how oxen are yoked together; it is always two by two, it makes them stronger and it lightens the burden on for both of them allowing each of them to be able to work more efficiently together. Jesus unites with us the same way.

Our Lord loves us in ways we can’t possibly image sometimes or put into words. It’s absolutely amazing how unconditionally He loves us. Here are some very encouraging words from some of God’s most loved Saints. I hope you enjoy them:

My Jesus, fill my heart with so much love that one day it will break just to be with you. My Jesus, you know I have placed you as a seal on my heart. Remain there always.” ~St. Bernadette Soubirous

"Our Lord loves you and loves you tenderly; and if He does not let you feel the sweetness of His love, it is to make you more humble and abject in your own eyes." ~St. Pio of Pietrelcino

"We must love our neighbor as being made in the image of God and as an object of His love." ~St. Vincent de Paul

"Love to be real, it must cost—it must hurt—it must empty us of self." ~Blessed Mother Teresa

"What a weakness it is to love Jesus Christ only when He caresses us, and to be cold immediately once He afflicts us. This is not true love. Those who love thus, love themselves too much to love God with all their heart." ~St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; It signifies Love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." ~St. Thomas Aquinas

Charity is the sweet and holy bond which links the soul with its Creator: it binds God with man and man with God.” ~St. Catherine of Siena


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every single day. https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim


Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS