Friday, July 29, 2016

Raising of Lazarus

BEADS OF JOY 07-29-16
“Raising of Lazarus”
©2016 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 11:19-27 (Raising of Lazarus)
“…many of the Jews had come to Martha and Mary to console them concerning their brother. When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary sat in the house. Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. And even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you." Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day." Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he dies, yet shall he live, and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."

Reflection:
Do you still seek the abundant life in this fast paced changing world that only wishes to eliminate Jesus, and all of His followers off the face of the earth? What gives you that hope and joy; while knowing about the killing of our fellow believers around the world?

In today’s gospel we read how the loss of a loved one greatly effects even believers; even one who clearer knows about the resurrection. Martha immediately had to meet Jesus knowing He was already on His way; a close friend of theirs as well as their teacher. Martha and Mary needed Jesus to help them through this most grievous time of their life.

My testimony of love forges forward no matter what. If you are scared by those who hate you because you love Jesus?? You need to get down on your knees and pray more. Be strong and do not fear death. To a Christian death is the beginning of eternal life for us. And knowing and loving Jesus is the beginning of that eternal life for all of us. So I say embrace Jesus boldly and never back down; unequivocally profess your faith no matter what anyone says to you. Jesus died for both you and for me so that we may live eternally with Him.

"Never does our suffering make Him happy, but it is necessary for us, and so He sends it to us, while, as it were, turning away His face.... I assure you that it costs Him dearly to fill us with bitterness. The good God, who so loves us, has pain enough in being obliged to leave us on earth to fulfill our time of trial, without our constantly telling Him of our discomfort; we must appear not to notice it...Far from complaining to Our Lord of the cross which He sends us, I cannot fathom the infinite love which has led Him to treat us this way...What a favor from Jesus, and how He must love us to send us so great a sorrow! Eternity will not be long enough to bless Him for it." ~St. Therese, Joy In Suffering

"Never cease offering me the incense of fragrant prayers for the salvation of souls, for I want to be merciful to the world. With your prayers and sweat and tears I will wash the face of my bride, holy Church." ~St. Catherine of Sienna

"O what precious moments these are. It is a happiness that the Lord gives me to relish almost always in moments of affliction. At these moments, more than ever, when the whole world troubles and weighs on me, I desire nothing other than to love and to suffer. Yes, my father, even in the midst of so much suffering I am happy because it seems as if my heart is beating with Jesus' heart." ~St. Padre Pio

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Come PRAY THE ROSARY with us every single day. https://www.facebook.com/RosaryManJim


Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS