Sunday, April 11, 2010

Divine Mercy Sunday 2010

Beads of Joy 04-11-10

Divine Mercy Sunday
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Today is a most JOYOUS day for us to celebrate. I love Sister Faustina, her diary is such a blessing. Please if you haven't taken the time yet, I highly recommend you read through it, you will be inspired but such a Godly woman. If today's message were to be put in a capsule I'd say, "Be merciful and loving to everyone, especially those in our lives who we know don't deserve it." Today we need to be like Jesus even more then we try to be on other days. Heaven is real, as is Hell is real. We are all given this tiny piece in time to make things right with Almighty God. We have more than adequate time to do so; so we can't waste it on things that in the end bare no meaning to the final judgment of our soul. In the end, all that will matter is that you made your life right with God. We must surrender fully to Him. I know many will resist and believe their own choices and priorities matter first. Sorry, no one, and nothing comes before God. His mercy and compassion and love for us; got himself nailed to a tree so that you and me can spend eternity with Him.

Today we celebrate "Divine Mercy". Let me share some excerpts from Sister Faustina's Diary. She has so much love from God to share with us. Please take the time to learn about her, her message and what she has written. Today is a day of sharing as much as we can about Mercy, and how Sister Faustina has opened a blessed door of some wonderful wisdom for all of us to prosper from. There are far too many to share them all. But I'd like to share some of the ones that pop out.

"When I met the Lord I humbled myself and said, "Jesus, it seems that You do not associate intimately with such wretched people as I." Be at peace, My daughter, it is precisely through such misery that I want to show the power of My mercy." (133)

"For there are three ways of performing an act of mercy: the merciful word, by forgiving and by comforting; secondly, if you can offer no word, then pray - that too is mercy; and thirdly, deeds of mercy. And when the Last Day comes, we shall be judged from this, and on this basis we shall receive the eternal verdict." (1158)

"I often communicate with persons who are dying and obtain the divine mercy for them. Oh, how great is the goodness of God, greater than we can understand. There are moments and there are mysteries of the divine mercy over which the heavens are astounded. Let our judgment of souls cease, for God's mercy upon them is extraordinary." (1684)


Divine Mercy Chaplet (Prayers)
Begin with the Sign of the Cross...

Pray, "Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world."

Pray 10 Times:
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

(Repeat step 2 and 3 for all five decades).

Conclude 3 Times:
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.


More Sister Faustina, words from her diary:

Suffering is a great grace; through suffering the soul becomes like the Saviour; in suffering love becomes crystallised; the greater the suffering, the purer the love. (57)

He who knows how to forgive prepares for himself many graces from God. As often as I look upon the cross, so often will I forgive with all my heart. (390)

Oh if only the suffering soul knew how much it is loved by God, it would die of joy and excess of happiness! Some day, we will know the value of suffering, but then we will no longer be able to suffer. (963)


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO