Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Light Came Into The World

Beads of Joy 04-14-10

Light Came Into The World
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

This has been a week of understanding our born again life in Jesus. Today's gospel has one of the most popular verses in scripture. Today we are reading and reflecting on John 3:16-21 (The Measure of God's Love). "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16. What do we love in this life? Can we ever love God so much as He has loved us? There is so much to think about. Questions race through my head as I read on here. Does God take absolute first place in our lives? Is God's act of love so touching in our lives that we can't help but love His Son? or Do we feel like we may have been forced in this choice because of what God has done, by our guilt? God has a purpose for everything He does for us, but in this act of love, it was purely His love for us that led to this. I do not know the heart and mind of God, but scripture says, "Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves the father loves his child as well." 1 John 5:1.

How can we incorporate such a meaningful way to live our lives? If God has offered up His Son, and Jesus willingly died for our sins; what then in this life can we do in return to show our love for God the Father and God the Son. I think a life lived like the life that was given for us, is a great place to start, God the Father and Jesus the Son were humble and sacrificial in their love for us, sinners. Our lives need not be centered on ourselves, but rather on the hearts of others, doing all we can to help one another; that along with a foundation of deep, sincere, devout love for God the Father and Jesus the Son would truly make for a life full of Joy. Can we place Jesus first in our life? Would we willingly do all we had to do, to make sure our love for Him took precedence in all the choices we made? Still so many questions, so many thoughts, hoping and praying that so many of us do just that; put Jesus first and foremost in your ever thought.

Let us look at some very inspiring, uplifting scriptures. I really hope and pray that you spend time in God's Word. It is through God's Word that the Joy inside my pours out of my heart onto these blogs. Please take the time to read, meditate, and pray using the word of God as your guide. Enjoy these scriptures:"For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all that he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:38-40. "You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name." John 15:16


God Loves Us Indeed.

For God knows our hearts
He is the creator of us all,
He molded our minds and knows
Why Jesus had to take the fall.

His Son was the sacrifice
Because of His love,
He hung on a cross and died
And then was raised above.

No one ever loved us
Like God the Father has shown,
My life my love my focus
I surrender so now He can own.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO