Sunday, April 18, 2010

Third Time Jesus Appeared

Beads of Joy 04-18-10

Third Time Jesus Appeared
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

Another absolutely spectacular Lord's Day to celebrate. I wish everyday could be Sunday. Those fortunate enough to go to daily Mass, experience that. I remember when I use to go every single day, oh how I miss that; maybe one day soon I can return to that faithful joy of being at daily Mass again. Today's gospel is John 21:1-19 (Jesus and The Miraculous Catch of Fish). For He has risen and continues performing some really incredible miracles. Today's gospel has me thinking: Are we like Peter? When we are experiencing challenges and trials in our lives; do we leap out and run directly to our Lord? That must have been so exciting to see the joy and excitement in Peter. Peter's love for our Lord is also something we can learn by. Though he may have denied Jesus three times, he repented and knew he did wrong and after that stayed loyal and strong sharing Jesus' ministry. Let's take the time to ponder this: Do we really recognize Jesus in our own lives? Do we think of His presence as a vision? or the real thing? Do we believe that He is there for each of us individually when we are in need of His help and guidance? How do we respond to His presence?

Some of those questions maybe impossible to answer honestly; without making it seem like we almost maybe don't believe like we thought we should. I am a very simple person, so therefore I have a very simple thought pattern in my everyday life. Think like this: Jesus is in ALL things. God created ALL things. Jesus knows ALL things. Do you follow me? I think that way in ALL things when it comes to Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit. So in my everyday life, just like I spoke about last Thursday about being ALERT when it came to temptation and the subtitles of sin. We need to also be ALERT to the blessings and presence of God in our life. We really need to recognize that in ALL things, He is ever present with us. I see Him in everything I experience, check this out: The light turns green as I approach it, I say: Thank You Jesus. There's only one box of oreo's left on the shelf in Wal-Mart, I say: Thank You Jesus. I get sent home early from work and don't even get to do my forty hours, I say: Thank You Jesus. I go into my closet and grab a shirt I like, and I find it, I say: Thank You Jesus. I get in my truck and drive through the night, I say: Thank You Jesus. I sit here and type and share Jesus with everyone I love and care about, I say: Thank You Jesus. Every single aspect of my life I am thankful for.

It is our sinful nature, our guilt, our pride that keeps us away from God. He has loved us first with a generosity of unconditional love that is unmatched. Let us open our hearts so that He can transform our lives to magnify His love. We need to be at His disposal. I know some may say, No! Jesus bought us for a price, and then he rose from that horrible death. Now we must live a sacrificial life honoring Him. Even if we spent every single second we are on this planet, from birth to death; we still could never thank Him, or love Him enough as He has loved us. So don't hesitate another second, get right on this and live your entire life for Him. Nothing you do should ever exclude Him. We have to be willing to serve Him, no matter what the cost will be. Will we lose friends and family who may think we are Jesus freaks or wasting our life on "religion". The answer is YES. But that's ok, we will love those people even more by praying for them faithfully everyday. Our lives are lived best when we use them to serve Jesus everyday.

Like Peter, we must tell Jesus as often as we possible can, everyday and throughout the day, "You know I love you." And like Jesus told Peter, "and another will gird you and carry you where you do not wish to go." v.18. We maybe led in a direction we feel unqualified for, unwelcome, unwanted, or even scared. In our prayers and our obedience to God; we must ask Him to guide us and to be with us. He is faithful and He does stand by our side through all things. Our hope will be fresh and new each day, filling our hearts and soul with so much joy, that we will not be able to contain it. I always speak of this joy, I know. You to can have that super sweet happy feeling of His love inside you at all times. And best of all, once you are filled with this Joy, the overflowing feeling of it never ever ever ever goes away; there's always something joyous to look forward to. LOL

I LOVE ALL OF YOU VERY MUCH..

Especially those who detest me and my faith, I love you even more.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO