Friday, April 23, 2010

Rosary - Why So Special?

Beads of Joy 04-23-10

Rosary - Why Is It So Special ?
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Understanding The Rosary
Hello Everyone,

Contrary to what anyone says, praying the rosary is very soothing, for both the mind and the spirit. Let's face it, it's probably the simplest way to reflect in full perspective to many of the highlights throughout Jesus' life. The Rosary allows us to ponder Joy, a joy that rejoices in Jesus' presence on earth. The Rosary allows us to ponder Light, a light that we see in the adult ministry of our Lord. The Rosary allows us to ponder the sorrow, sorrow that eventually killed our Lord. The Rosary allows us to ponder the most glory the world has ever seen; a glory that raised and honors our dear precious Lord and His Most Beautiful Mother. Now you see why I am so excited about living my life for the Rosary. I am living my life for Jesus. My heart skips a beat every time I really just think of the eternal value life embraces when holding a Rosary.

What I have learned through the years (27 to be exact), is that when you intentionally focus all your prayers; all your energy on these most magnificent highlights of our dear Lord's life, our virtues grow. What brings life? Light. Who is Jesus? The Light of the World, "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world." John 9:5. Really look over the Rosary meditations. On Wednesday I shared scripture and fruit for each of the mysteries. These mysteries teach us how we can live a life in full reflection of what our Lord has set forth and taught us through them. Yes we know anyone can just repetitiously recite a prayer and in twenty or thirty minutes you can "say" a rosary. I'm not one for "saying" my rosary. When it comes to the rosary, we need to keep in mind how truly precious it is. How this magnificent prayer fully adores and worships our Lord at ever turn. I hope through the power of the Holy Spirit, you are getting goose bumps from the thrill of all these spectacular exciting thoughts.

There is no magic formula here in these magnificent mysteries. The prayers we pray, the devotions we incorporate into our life is not meant to change God, on the contrary these prayers are meant to change us. Our prayer life is intended to help us to understand God, and to draw ourselves ever so much closer to Him. Our approach should be one of hope. The words and prayers throughout the Rosary are filled with power and meaning that are beyond a realm that we can immediately understand. It is through time (years), determination (daily prayer), and sincere devotion that our hearts are open to the fruit and intention of every single decade. It is through the Rosary that our prayer life is dynamic and exciting; no other series of meditations and prayers possess so much wisdom and so much love in such a unique way.

So let us rediscover the joy that is en-capsuled in each of those magnificent little beads. The Rosary is a very exciting, fun, insightful way to bring our prayer life to life. There is no doubt we all know how powerful prayer is; and spiritually in our life, prayer is essential. I personally find strength each and every time each day that I pray my Rosary.

Simple Reflections on Prayer

"The LORD has heard my cry for mercy; the LORD accepts my prayer."
Psalm 6:9

"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer."
Psalm 17:6

"By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me a prayer to the God of my life."
Psalm 42:8

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Matthew 21:22

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
Romans 12:12

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God."
Philippians 4:6

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."
Colossians 4:2

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:16

PRAY THE ROSARY EVERYDAY...


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO