Sunday, April 25, 2010

I And The Father Are One

Beads of Joy 04-25-10

I And The Father Are One
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Hello Everyone,

The fourth Sunday of Easter has arrived, ta-da. Ok, just sounding off the bell, seeing if everyone is tuned in. What an absolutely powerful gospel we get to reflect upon today. Today we are reading John 10:27-30 (My Sheep Shall Not Perish). Jesus is the Good Shepherd. One thing is certain, we are all in good hands; our lives are safe with Jesus as our shepherd. But we must understand in His protecting us; we are not spared the challenges, the pains, the hurts that will affect us along the way, and we will be expected to carry our own crosses. But one thing is certain; is that should we take on this mission, there will be a place in the Kingdom of God for us. In the end we know who wins, we know who will be banished for all eternity. In the end, the odds will no longer be even, and the evil one will lose. So, now who's team do you want to be on. LOL. Yes we will suffer from time to time, we will have illnesses; we will be ridiculed, we will be hated, but in the end, Jesus' out stretched arms will lead us to Heaven. Verse 30 states, "I and the Father are one." Further supporting the power of the Trinity that is instilled the Son.

St. Caesarius of Arles said something that is very much on the mark with today's gospel, "God never deserts a man, unless He is deserted by that man first. For even if a man shall have committed grievous sins once, twice, and a third time, God still looks for him, "so that he may be converted and live." The love Jesus has for us is tremendous. This is not only a teaching about love, we also learn that He wants us to be more like Him, "This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." 1 John 3:16. I mean that, we really must feel that way and be like Him, don't even waste your time just saying that; if you are going to say that, then mean it. I am no saint, I am so unworthy before my Lord. I hate my sins, I hate my habits that distract me from Jesus; I am so imperfect before my God. But I say this with all my heart, with all my soul, with ever fiber of who I am in God, who has made me to be the person I am now. If saving anothers life meant sacrificing my own, so be it, I will do it gladly, even for my worst enemy. Remember Jesus not only took our place for our sins, but He also took Barabbas's' place.

All we have to do, is be loyal to Him and live a life that is pleasing to Him. Jesus died for me and for you. I don't know anyones personal life or past, like I do my own, but I will say that I am not happy with mine. On my walk with my Lord, I have sinned horribly over and over again, further hurting Him and digging those nails ever so much deeper into Him. We all know sin, it's that stubborn selfish streak of unGodly acts. I have cried and cried and I have begged Jesus to forgive my selfishness, and my worldliness at times. I have spent many many hours through these past 27 years trying to understand how someone (Jesus) can lay down their life in order to save my pathetic one. I must say I don't still fully comprehend it in it's fullest sense, but I do understand that the examples we read about, learn about and pray about; are indeed the very examples we need to understand enough, to embrace and to live in our own lives.

Let us confidently follow the Lord, and in whatever direction He goes, we shall follow Him. He is our shepherd, if we stray He will seek us out, and help us get back on track. Nothing in this life is more important for our lives than to be loyal and faithful to Jesus. Never let anyone or anything send you off spiraling away from Jesus. Satan don't always look so scary or obvious, in fact his greatest trickery is embedding himself into the very things we love and honor that are not Jesus. We are most fortunate to have something very special in our lives that helps us, when we are not sure. Trust in Jesus' very words, "If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:14-21 AMEN, I hope all of you have a fantastic Sunday.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO