Friday, April 2, 2010

Jesus Christ Is Crucified

Beads of Joy 04-02-10

Jesus Christ Is Crucified
©2010 James Dacey, Jr. SFO

Good Friday - NO MEAT
Hello Everyone,

Today is one of the saddest days in all the world. An innocent man, God's only Son is going to be killed. It is on this day that Jesus will be condemned, make His way with His cross, and then die upon that same cross. Think of this, a meditation for today, I heard on the radio on the way home work, they said: "God is so strong that they can pierce nails through His hands and feet and kill Him and He can still save the world." I thought it was pretty insightful to share it. For Jesus has taken on the sins of the whole world to save our souls. "My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:1-3. Many tears will be shed today; while many of us stare at the cross in silence pondering the events that have taken place on this day. We need to put ourselves in His midst as it occurred. Think about it.

If we had the chance to be at the foot of the cross moments before Jesus died, knowing what we know; what would you say to Him? I like working outside the box in many of my own meditations. I am so glad I am able to share a new refreshing way; that you to can pray and meditate the Mysteries of the Rosary, the Stations of The Cross, and many other the events in Jesus' life. I'll share first: I would be down on my knees before the cross. I would be doing my best to catch eye contact with my Lord. I know I would be crying, but my tears, because I know what I know, would be tears of joy. An anticipating joy. Then I would say to Jesus, "Please Lord, forgive me for my sins, my selfishness, please also forgive me for offending You. I know Lord I am not worthy of any forgiveness; but I know by Your death all of us are made clean and acceptable before God. I am ever grateful for such a love as Yours. I offer my life to You. I seek nothing in this life Lord, except to serve You, by sharing Your Love, Your Joy, Your Goodness, and Your story with everyone I possibly can. Please Lord I ask for Your blessings as I forge forward spreading the gospel. I really really really love you Jesus, you are the center of my whole life, I have died to the pleasures, joys and hobbies of this world, because I do not want to waste a single moment away from You. Thank you for always being for me and my family and my friends. See you on Sunday Lord." LOL

Today is the day we pray the Stations of the Cross. Last weeks stations was really beautiful experiencing the Way of The Cross with our Blessed Mother. I strong encourage you to go back to last weeks blogs and spend some of your own personal time with our Lady.

The events that will happen today are as follows: Good Friday

-Second trial before the Sanhedrin
-Suicide of Judas
-Christ is brought to Pilate
-The Jews charge Christ with sedition
-Pilate questions Christ privately
-The Jews repeat their accusations
-Christ is sent to Herod
-Pilate declares Christ's innocence
-Christ or Barabas
-Pilate washes his hands
-Christ is condemned and scourged
-He is mocked by the soldiers
-The Jews demand that He be crucified
-Pilate again questions Christ privately
-The Jews repeat their demand
-The Way of The Cross
-The Crucifixion
-Christ is offered wine and gall on the cross
-His garments are divided
-The inscription on the cross
-Christ is insulted on the cross
-The good thief
-Mary and John at the foot of the cross
-Darkness over the earth
-The death of Christ
-Marvelous happenings
-The centurion and the disciples on Calvary
-The piercing of Christ's side

So what have we learned through Lent, oh do you want me to answer that first. OK, if you insist: Relationships !! (family, friends, neighbors, fellow workers, those at church, and those we haven't met yet.)

I have learned so much more about the value of them and the real importance in them from our past, during our present and into the future. This Lent has given me a renewed feeling to share the many people in my life with everyone. Not to bore you about my life, but rather in each example of dedication, share and show how every little thing matters in our lives. And how we need to invest in OTHERS more and give to them ourselves more. I recommend that you to write a jourmal maybe of the people that have been part of your life, as far back as you can remember. I am doing just that and it is bringing back so many really wonderful memories.


Your brother in Christ Jesus & His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr SFO