Thursday, January 25, 2018

Go Into All The World

BEADS OF JOY 01-25-18
“Go Into All The World”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel:
Mark 16:15-18 (Commissioning of The Eleven)
“And he said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Reflection:
Have you been blinded, and was it Jesus who opened your eyes? I feel in my life that is exactly what happened to me. I grew up a cradle Catholic, receiving all my sacraments, in a real solid, fresh off the boat, God-fearing Italian family. My Italian family was a very faithful family back when I was kid. I can remember prayers and talking about their faith, statues everywhere, pictures of our Lady, the Rosary; there are truly so many images in my memories when I was a kid. But in the early 1980’s when I was in high school, I was starting to see the world in a different way. I thought, how can there possibly be a God, there is way too much poverty and violence in this world. And mind you, I didn’t have instantaneous information back then, I had basic TV with an antenna. Wow! LOL… Ok…

My parents were distraught and upset, but I give them credit, they did not hound me or give me lectures. I later found out that they were praying for me. I am so filled with so much joy that I had my opening of the eyes experience that I shared in “My Story”. I feel like Paul in some ways. Saul became Paul. I was Jim who became Rosary Man Jim within a few years of ministry, that was in the early 1990’s. It is so wonderfully refreshing, to be able to look back on all these years. It’s really incredible how 35 years have gone by so fast; yet with that said, it feels like we are just at the beginning.

God has plans that continuously move forward for all of us. Do you feel like there is something special waiting for you? Is there something deep inside of you aching to serve Jesus in a special way? Stay focused on prayer and never take your eyes or your heart off of our Lord. He will guide you and lead you. You my friend, have a special task that only you can do for our Lord. Have patience and faith that He will lead you in the direction that you should be going. And might I suggest that you spike up your private prayer life. Staying focused on our Lord, makes it so much easier to know what our Lord wants of us. If we barely give Him any of our time, then how in the world will we ever surrender our lives over to Him. Believe me, if your life is impossibly busy, He will help you find a way. All things are possible through Jesus.

CONVERSION OF ST PAUL THE APOSTLE (Jan 25)
Here is one of my FAVORITE movies, it's basically THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES. Excellent film, spiritually educational and inspiring. You will fall in love with St. Paul by the end of the film.


Pondering these thoughts today: Wow, today is such a special day. Did you know that Paul the Apostle wrote 28% of the New Testament? Can you believe how many of his letters have inspired so many millions upon millions of people throughout the past 2000 years? Including us… Take a look at this list: St. Paul's Letter to the…

Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
2 Thessalonians
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews

WOW!! Paul was an amazing, inspiring man of God. If you feel inspired by God, write letters to your loved ones, write letters to your family, write inspiring letters to your loved ones who aren’t even born yet. I have within my journal pages, paragraphs of notes I wrote to my Great Great Great Grand-kids. I doubt I will ever know them, but if I preserve my writings and pass them down through my family, they will get my letters. Think about it. Pray about it.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!