Monday, January 29, 2018

How Much Jesus Had Done

BEADS OF JOY 01-29-18
“How Much Jesus Had Done”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: 
Mark 5:1-20 (Healing of The Gerasene Demoniac)
“They came to the other side of the sea, to the country of Gerasenes. And when he had come out of the boat, there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit, who lived among the tombs; and no one could bind him anymore, even with a chain; for he had often been bound with fetters and chains, but the chains he wrenched apart, and the fetters he broke in pieces; and no one had the strength to subdue him. Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains, he was always crying out, and bruising himself with stones. And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped him; and crying out with a loud voice, he said, "What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me." For he had said to him, "Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!" And Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" He replied, "My name is Legion; for we are many." And he begged him eagerly not to send them out of the country. Now a great herd of swine was feeding there on the hillside; and they begged him, "Send us to the swine, let us enter them." So, he gave them leave. And the unclean spirits came out, and entered the swine; and the herd, numbering about two thousand, rushed down the steep bank into the sea, and were drowned in the sea. 

The herdsmen fled and told it in the city and in the country. And people came to see what it was that had happened. And they came to Jesus, and saw the demoniac sitting there, clothed and in his right mind, the man who had the legion; and they were afraid. And those who had seen it told what had happened to the demoniac and to the swine. And they began to beg Jesus to depart from their neighborhood. And as he was getting into the boat, the man who had been possessed with demons begged him that he might be with him. But he refused, and said to him, "Go home to your friends, and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." And he went away and began to proclaim in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him; and all men marveled.”

Reflection:
We must remember that Jesus is always ready and willing and fully able, to fully free us from anything that binds us. But the challenge is in what we really want. Are we willing to give up that sin, or that bad habit or those friends of bad influence, or going to that place we shouldn’t? LOL. No this isn’t my confession; you guys are too funny. I have two screens open now (I actually have 4 screens open from my prayers and my research) and I am getting fantastic ideas on how to begin today’s blog. You guys make me laugh. Anyhow, we are ultimately in control of what we want to release. We must be willing to part with it, so that His love and His grace will take its place.

Just take a moment and think about this: What is more incredible? The fact that the man in today’s gospel had a legion (that’s more than 5,000 strong) of destructive evil spirits within him or fact that he ran over to Jesus and knelt down and worshipped Him? That bending of his knee before Jesus implored mercy and release. We must always go to Jesus for everything that is a challenge to us in our lives. He alone will help see us through it. But, we must have patience and respect and reverence; for in His time, if it is something that is good that we are asking for He will make it happen, but only in His time. It is not always important for us to know the answers to everything. I know. I know. Many disagree, but I find that God’s wisdom and reasoning far exceeds anything I could ever possibly comprehend. How can we fully understand the death of a loved one; if we need every single tiny itty bitty meaningless answer, to things we don’t even understand, anyway.

Death is a part of life and death is the beginning of our eternal life with Jesus. That is the basic knowledge that we need to know. That’s the fact Jack. Opps, and everyone else whose name isn’t Jack, lol. I enjoy the fact that I am a simple man trying my best to live a simple life. I really don’t want to know all the details of things that only consume my time, my mind and only raise more questions. Why do some of those we love, die so young? Why is it that they must suffer so much? Why couldn’t they have been healed? Where is the miracle we were praying for? I don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know. Stop! See... This is why I can’t even think to go down that road. Trust in the Lord and you will find peace

Pondering these thoughts today: If there’s something I have learned these past 35 years of daily prayer and trusting Jesus it’s this: Don’t ever react with spontaneous outbursts and yelling and anger. No, react with a bended knee before the cross. Jesus WILL help you, it may not be within those 5 seconds, but I will say that your heart will feel His love immediately, as you kneel before Him. Pray on your knees; ask for forgiveness on your knees; spend times speaking to Him on your knees. Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, He took the heat and the blood bath beating and paid fully for all my selfishness and so I shall always kneel before Him out of love and reverence to a God of love and mercy who loved me, before I even knew Him. Jesus Christ is my Lord and I will always respect and treat Him that way.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. Presentation (Purity of Mind & Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.