Sunday, January 28, 2018

Holy One of God

BEADS OF JOY 01-28-18
“Holy One of God”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 1:21-28 (Cure of a Demoniac)
“And they went into Capernaum; and immediately on the Sabbath he entered the synagogue and taught. And they were astonished at his teaching, for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as the scribes. And immediately there was in their synagogue a man with an unclean spirit; and he cried out, "What have you to do with us, Jesus of Nazareth? Have you come to destroy us? I know who you are, the Holy One of God." But Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Be silent, and come out of him!" And the unclean spirit, convulsing him and crying with a loud voice, came out of him. And they were all amazed, so that they questioned among themselves, saying, "What is this? A new teaching! With authority he commands even the unclean spirits, and they obey him." And at once his fame spread everywhere throughout all the surrounding region of Galilee.”

Reflection:
Jesus is always healing us, even when we don’t see it or feel it. This road of sorrow has been long and very hard and very difficult for me. I can’t even begin to explain it in a blog; but what I can share in today’s blog is how the healing process has begun. This past Friday was 14 months since Chrissy’s passing. Now if you back the clock up to that time in 2016, I didn’t even want to live anymore, how could I without her. Christine passed away on November 26, 2016 and she was buried on December 2, 2016. I spent thee entire month of December in my bedroom in tears. I refer to that month as my “Dark Month”. I needed that time, I only came out to go to Mass. I hardly ate, I didn’t want to be here at all. I prayed and cried and couldn’t accept it, even with full knowledge of what happened, even with knowing the spiritual knowledge, I just couldn’t accept it. Thank God for my dear Franciscan Brother Al Picogna who called me every day and talked to me. It helped so much. He didn’t tell me how to feel or what to feel, he just listened and consoled and remembered Chrissy with me.

Well, in that month I did pray that 2017 would be better and things would get better. Well, of cause prayer don’t work that way. But when I do look at the most positive part of 2017, I see Becky with her kids and her family. They were and are my Saving Grace throughout 2017 and now in my life and I am ever grateful for having Becky and her family in my life. But, within our home, within our walls, we had the most difficult 2017 there could have been for us. I lost my medical coverage for 3 months, because I was on Chrissy’s policy, I was told to reapply. I lost our $300 monthly food benefit that Chrissy got, I was told reapply. I now get $15 monthly. So, throughout most of 2017 food was rare in our home. My social security disability income isn’t that strong to keep all our needs going. So, I was could no longer be able to afford both of our car repairs, so I had to get rid of both of my cars. Charlie (my youngest- child #5) bought a car and then slammed it into a tree on a rainy day, he is fine, but he totaled the car, and he lost the car. Travis was trying to buy a car, the dealer was taking advantage of him, he had to hire a lawyer, and he too lost his car. So, 2017 was a vicious year of struggle for us. I didn’t share most of those details with anyone. Now in 2018 I am looking for a side job.

But, let us look at the JOY'S and the HEALING'S of 2017 straight till now. Becky and I have so many wonderful connections of faith that I just know our Lord has a hand in this match somehow. I wish we were able to spend more time together, we both have separate family commitments and we live 12 miles apart and I have no car; but, with all that said, we still somehow find a way and we find time to get together (not as often as I’d like, but that will change), to enjoy each other’s company, to laugh, to pray, to go to Mass, to make Rosaries. I just know 2018 will be our year and it will only get better for us. In-fact we will be teaching CCD kids in Scranton how to make and Pray The Rosary this Lent with the coordinating of our good friend Sharon Beggs. That is so exciting, I can’t wait till we get started. Becky is such an amazing strong woman who always finds a way to get things done; and she has so much energy and Becky is such an inspiration to me. I feel so blessed that she is in my life. We are a cutest couple. 

Pondering these thoughts today: You know when I prayed that 2017 would be a better year and it wasn’t; I think God was teaching me a lesson with Becky in my life. 
I never thought I’d fall-in-love again till I met Becky. Because even with all the negativity and challenges and even hunger throughout 2017, her smiles and the laughter and her parents inviting me and my kids over their home many times, we all found a way to be happy throughout 2017. The JOY did rise above the sorrow and the healing began back then and so it continues now. In-fact over the past 4-6 weeks Travis (child #4) has been the driving force of helping me down-size the house. There is way too much stuff in my life. I am a simple man, and he is making this transition so much easier for me and now I am getting addicted to having so much less stuff. This in and of itself is a healing.

LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Sunday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady
(Grace of a Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!