Monday, January 8, 2018

He Will Baptize You

BEADS OF JOY 01-08-18
“He Will Baptize You”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 1:7-11 (The Baptism of Jesus)
“And he [John the Baptist] preached, saying, "After me comes he who is mightier than I, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. I have baptized you with water; but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit." In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, "You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased."

Reflection:
So many of us know that our lives can be transformed, by the power and the love of Jesus Christ. Let us keep this thought fresh in our minds and our hearts, “He who was sinless came and died for our sins.” Why? Because He loves us, and it was God’s Will that His only begotten Son died for us to save us. It has also been said that His baptism of coming out of the Jordan soaked in water; was a foreshadowing of His death on the cross, soaked in blood. Now with all that said, this scene at Jesus’ Baptism must have been breath-taking. Look at verses 10-11, “And when he came up out of the water, immediately he saw the heavens opened and the Spirit descending upon him like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, "You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased."

Here’s a great question: Have you ever been to a Life In The Spirit Seminar? If you are saying “Yes” then you know how amazingly powerful your experience was. But if you said “No”, might I suggest or recommend that you consider it. There are 7 sessions, sometimes it is done through a weekend at a retreat house and other times it is through a 7-week process of getting together. I have been to three of them. I did one with my first girlfriend who I introduced my faith to, we did the 7-week one. And then Chrissy and I did (2) Life In The Spirit Seminars. We did both the weekend and the 7-weeks. All of those experiences happened in the mid to late 80’s and I can still look back in awe and remember them.

I didn’t plan or expect today’s blog to go in the direction of the Life In The Spirit Seminar; but I am glad it did. Just to let you know, I freely let the Holy Spirit lead the topic and focus of what I write, as I write. These thoughts, rekindle many wonderful, blessed, joyful memories of those years, when I was entrenched in my faith. Memories I haven’t looked back at in years. 35 years ago (1983), even though I am a cradle Catholic, it took the experience of the Holy Spirit (in My Story) to bring my faith to life. I still feel like a new babe in the faith. I still feel like I have only just begun. I can’t believe 35 years of sharing Jesus; our Lady and the Rosary has already gone by.

What is the Life In The Spirit Seminar?
The Life in the Spirit Seminar is an invitation to make or renew a deep personal commitment to Jesus Christ in openness to the Holy Spirit and His gifts. It serves as an introduction to a life in the power of the Holy Spirit. It provides teaching, guidance, and prayer leading to a new and deeper relationship with the Lord. Come and experience the presence of the Lord, through praise and worship with community!” ~Diocese of Covington, KY

Pondering these thoughts today: I have this one memory (I actually have a gazillion of them) I just need to share this one; the excitement about my faith is always so alive inside me, to this day. Back in 1983-199? I was deeply involved with 3 weekly prayer groups. I made so many new friends and I began my Rosary Ministry. Well, one friend (can’t remember his name, I think it was Don), I use to drive him home after all these meetings and we talked a lot. I still remember him asking me, “Jim, what are you going to do with your life, when you are done sharing your faith and the rosary?” I was like, “Done? I will never ever be done. My faith is my life, a thousand years won’t be enough!” He was like, “Oh, Ok, so you’re really into this then.” I was taken by his words, “Into this? Our faith is our life, our future, our everything.” Wow, I haven’t thought of that conversation in decades, but it sure feels amazing re-living that experience.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Monday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Monday mornings, because every morning begins with the Rosary.