Wednesday, January 3, 2018

That He Might Be Revealed

BEADS OF JOY 01-03-18
“That He Might Be Revealed”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: John 1:29-34 (John the Baptist’s Testimony)
“The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! This is he of whom I said, `After me comes a man who ranks before me, for he was before me.' I myself did not know him; but for this I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel." And John bore witness, "I saw the Spirit descend as a dove from heaven, and it remained on him. I myself did not know him; but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, `He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.' And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God."

Reflection:
How is Jesus revealed in our lives? That answer, is a very significant part of our journey home. Living some secret life, saying you live the faith and that you believe is wonderful in the privacy of your own home; but how do you publicly live your life? I’m not talking about going to the town square and yelling to everyone who passes, “I believe in Jesus!” No, not exactly. Hmmm, I know what you’re thinking… what is Jimmy (me) thinking? Consider this, Jesus says, “But whoever denied Me before men, I will deny him before My Father who is in Heaven.” That’s Matthew 10:33. Jesus is very serious about openly sharing Him with others. Just look at the verse before that one, Matthew 10:32 “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess before My Father who is in Heaven.” Ah, see, I like that verse too.

Jesus died for us, He is the unblemished lamb who is the one and only sacrifice who could pay for all the debt that we have in sin; past, present and future. Jesus freed us from death, so that we can have everlasting life. Jesus gave us the Holy Spirit to help guide us to Him always; with wisdom and reverence and a deep desire to have Him in our life always. I’d like to share a scripture that may excite your spirit and help you see why I get so excited about sharing my faith and my love for my Lord. Look at this:
Praise for Spiritual Blessings in Christ (Ephesians 1:3-10)
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.”

Isn’t that exciting? …psst, the answer is YES. I love reading scripture, sharing scripture and researching scripture. I invite you, to spend time in God’s Word every single day. We are so blessed to have the Holy Bible in our lives. God knew that along with the Holy Spirit, His Word would help lead us and encourage us and guide us through this life. Let us share our faith openly, and boldly share what we believe. There is nothing wrong with having a deep love and devotion to Our Lord.

Pondering these thoughts today: Think of it this way. Some of us are married, some of us are widows or widowers and some of us are single. But, for the most part we all have someone special in our lives. Maybe it is your spouse or a girlfriend or a boyfriend, or a child or a parent or a very close spiritual friend. Maybe it’s a couple of people. This joy and love that they bring into your life, leads your heart to share them with others; in conversation or because you just want to share them with other people in your life. Why? Because they bring joy to your life and they make your life so wonderful. How does our Lord fulfill your life? Does He bring joy and love into your life too? Share Him, lead others to Him. Life will become so exciting for you. I know that for a fact.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!