Friday, January 26, 2018

The Harvest Has Come

BEADS OF JOY 01-26-18
“The Harvest Has Come”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 4:26-34 (The Mustard Seed)
“And he said, "The kingdom of God is as if a man should scatter seed upon the ground, and should sleep and rise night and day, and the seed should sprout and grow, he knows not how. The earth produces of itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear. But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has come." And he said, "With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when sown upon the ground, is the smallest of all the seeds on earth; yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes the greatest of all shrubs, and puts forth large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nests in its shade." With many such parables he spoke the word to them, as they were able to hear it; he did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything.”

Reflection:
For starters I would like to say that today is 14 months since my darling Christine went to be with Jesus. She is no longer suffering, and she is in a much better, happier, more joyful place. And I will say, so am I. Yesterday, Travis and I went to St. Gabriel’s Monastery, Scranton, they offered to buy all of Chrissy’s medical equipment. I’ve been giving everything away like crazy these past few weeks, but I felt maybe I should get $100 or so for all of this well taken care of medical equipment, I can really use the money. So, my dear long-time friend and friend of Chrissy’s, Sharon Beggs, found out that the monastery wanted all this stuff. This is our dioceses monastery, where we have our Cursillo weekends and many other events.

I don’t mean to consume today’s blog with this whole story, but yesterday was an amazing adventure for me and my son. Well, when Sharon told me the monastery wanted everything, I told her, just tell Sr. Terasita, that gas money and maybe money for lunch for me and my son would me more than sufficient for everything. Sharon said Sr. Terasita offered $60, I immediately said, “Yes I accept.” But, on the ride down, I got to thinking, I can’t accept any money, I don’t want to accept any money, whether I need it or not. Just knowing that Chrissy’s stuff will be at the monastery, is so amazing and wonderful that that alone is the gift we as a family will be receiving.

Here’s the blessing, after we got there, introduced ourselves, I know some people there, but not Sr. Terasita. Travis and I got to share some of Chrissy’s story, our family, the kids, the struggles. Sister was so consumed and attentive to all we had to share, then she shared with us how perfectly timed all of this was. One of the Sister’s there recently had trouble with her wheelchair and it isn’t working right. Chrissy’s wheelchair is like brand new. Plus, Sister says they don’t have any extra walkers or crutches or anything like all of what we brought. It felt so good hearing all that. Then she was ready to hand me the money. I said, “Please, no, I can’t accept it, all of this, is our gift from our family to your family here. I can’t take the money. We are so happy all of this is here, and I know my wife would love it to, knowing all this is here.” Sister said, “Don’t consider it a payment for all this, consider it a thank you.” So, she handed the money to me, I laid it on the bed, she grabbed it and gave it to Travis, he handed it to me, I laid it on the bed, she grabbed it and gave it to Travis… and round and round we went 3 times, laughing and giggling it was so much fun. I also gave Sister a Mass card of Chrissy, she held it and laid her fingers across it and said something, I couldn’t hear her. She said, “Your wife will be remembered for all this.” That was so wonderful her saying that, that was a gift.

This was all of Chrissy's medical equipment.


Pondering these thoughts today: In the end we had the most wonderful afternoon with Sr Terasita. Yes, we got to see Sharon to, she is an amazing, wonderful, charismatic sister, that I am so blessed to know for so many years. She prayed over my left side which is numb from my strokes. She asked that I pray the Litany of The Saints, she says there is healing in that prayer. I love this. I did find an amazing one on YouTube for anyone interested. I hope and pray that the seeds of God’s work, works through the blogs I write, even if sometimes I get off track. I felt I had to share the wonderful, incredible spiritual adventure we were on yesterday.

Litany of The Saints



LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Friday: We pray the Sorrowful Mysteries:

The Sorrowful Mysteries

1. Agony on the Garden (Sorrow for sin) –Matt 26:36-46
2. Scourging at the Pillar (Purity) –Mark 15:1-16
3. Crowning with Thorns (Moral Courage) –Matt 27:27-31
4. Carrying of the Cross (Patience) –Mark 15:20-22
5. The Crucifixion (Perseverance) –Luke 23:33-46

Thank you Lord for loving us so much…



Rosary Man Jim’s Sorrowful Reflection:
http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-sorrowful-mysteries_11.html

FRIDAY’S
I share this meditation I wrote back in 2010. Here I share my own personal insight and experience, as I journey with our Lady from station to station.

Many Franciscan groups around the world use this for their own group gathering while they meditate the Stations with our Lady. http://beads-of-joy-blog.blogspot.com/2010/03/marys-way-of-cross.html It is unique and emotionally very moving as you move from station to station… From my heart to yours.