Saturday, January 20, 2018

His Family Heard It

BEADS OF JOY 01-20-18
“His Family Heard It”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 3:20-21 (Blasphemy of the Scribes)
“Then he went home; and the crowd came together again, so that they could not even eat. And when his family heard it, they went out to seize him, for people were saying, "He is beside himself."

Reflection:
Do not be afraid to follow Jesus all the way to the cross. Do you have people in your life who oppose you from loving and following Jesus? Does anyone think you are a little too much into your faith? Remarkable, my mother who invited me to my first prayer meeting and maybe unintentionally got me involved; after I got involved full steam thought maybe I am overly involved. When you read “My Story”, you will see how I surrender my life and jumped into my faith fully. I got involved almost immediately into 3 weekly prayer groups, plus I was going to the Fatima Shrine in Washington, NJ a lot, for Confession and Mass and to Pray The Rosary!! And I was sharing the rosary non-stop with everyone. I was out of control and I loved it.

Plus, since I was living at home still (this is in 1983), I started a Bible Study at my parent’s house. We met weekly and talked about the upcoming Sunday’s gospel. None of us were scholars, and none of us were trained to teach, we were just all excited about talking about scripture and Jesus and our Lady and praying together. Our group at times was almost 10-12 people. It’s incredible I can remember those days, like they were yesterday. I asked everyone to bring their Bibles, I bought a whole bunch of 1 subject notebooks, I typed out our meetings plans, prayers and references I found in advance to our meeting. I still get so excited when I do Bible Study, kind of like what I do every single morning when I take the time to write my blog. This blog is sort of an evolved version of that Bible Study. It’s just now, technology changed the style and it has expanded the group tremendously.

When I think about “Why I feel so strongly about my faith?” I come to this conclusion. This life is short, and this life is cruel. Fully trusting in Jesus Christ has allowed my heart to be loved unconditionally, Jesus never judges me, He doesn’t snicker at me or tell me things that hurt me. Jesus accepts me and embraces me and loves me so much, like no one else ever has or ever could. This love I felt back in 1983 is the love that keeps my heart so drawn to Him. I found this same love when Mary, our Mother came into my life on that first day at that first prayer meeting. Now do you see why it seems like, sometimes I am on drugs when it comes to my faith. Because I am! I am so addicted to Jesus Christ my Lord.

Pondering these thoughts today: I admit, I am an addict when it comes to my faith and my spiritual life. And honestly, I don’t really care who don’t like that. I am a calm person, loving everyone and embracing everyone; but if you are trying to keep me from believing in Jesus and Praying My Rosary, when then, SORRY, too bad for you. Jesus First!!! No one stops me. Even if my life depended upon it, Jesus will always be first in my life! Me, I will always be last!


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.