Wednesday, January 17, 2018

He Would Heal Him

BEADS OF JOY 01-17-18
“He Would Heal Him”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 3:1-6 (Man with a Withered Hand)
“Again, he entered the synagogue, and a man was there who had a withered hand. And they watched him, to see whether he would heal him on the Sabbath, so that they might accuse him. And he said to the man who had the withered hand, "Come here." And he said to them, "Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do harm, to save life or to kill?" But they were silent. And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored. The Pharisees went out, and immediately held counsel with the Herodians against him, how to destroy him.”

Reflection:
I got to say, even though Christine had a very long illness and in the end, she did not win the last fight. She did win every single battle along the way. I was trying not to write specifically about all of Chrissy’s suffering and healing today, but after I begged our Lord to show me what else to write, everything led back to Christine. I got to say, I admire her tenacity and fighting a fight she insisted on winning. I just know it was her faith and the joy our kids brought to her life that gave her so much strength. I can remember many times and many evasive tests and procedures that I told Chrissy, “I don’t think I could have the strength to fight like you have.” She always to me, “Jim, this is God’s Will and I am ok with it, I have to fight, for you, our kids, our family; Jesus loves me, I’m ok Jim.”

It always amazed me how strong she was and how intellectually smart she was. Back in 2010 on the first day of her 22 days stay in the hospital, all our family was there, meaning me and the kids. Chrissy looked like she was a deaths door. She couldn’t walk, her eyes were sunken in and she was hunched over. Her doctor pulled me aside and said, “Things don’t look good for her right now.” After they settled her in her room, she and I talked a lot. She told me, “I am coming home Jim, I don’t know when, but I am coming home.” We cried, and we laughed, and I didn’t talk stupid medical sense to her, I just agreed. We celebrated Thanksgiving by her bedside that year. Sarah and I went home and made all our Thanksgiving feast, we packed it up with some decorations, and we spent the entire day by her bedside. We have so many wonderful pictures of all of us laughing and smiling that day. It was the most memorable Thanksgiving I can remember.

Let us not forget it was during that 22 days stay in the hospital that her doctor called me on my cell phone two times to tell me, he doesn’t Chrissy will make morning. Not!! Christine shut down that thought. LOL and in the end, she came home just before Christmas Day. On Christmas Day she just smiled at me and say, “Told you!!” I smiled back and nodded, “I’m so happy you are home.” Somehow, someway, she truly knew what was going on. I don’t think she was getting any secret text from Jesus?? But, she knew what and when and how this whole illness was affecting her and when to be concerned and when not. I came to that conclusion the morning she passed away, as we held others arms as blood was pouring out of her mouth. (sorry about that). Her last words looking me in the eyes were, “Jim, I’m dying!” as she released her hold and fell back on our bed.

Pondering these thoughts today: Sorry if today’s reflection was bit dramatic, I honestly did not plan to write what I did today. I wanted to focus on how our Lord heals us in so many ways; but I guess looking at this and re-reading it, I can see how sharing Chrissy’s story of faith and strength is very healing for me. I hope and pray that you the reader, can see how Chrissy, even in the worst of all situations in her life, maintained her faith and her trust in Jesus no matter what. She stayed positive and virtually never complained about anything. Christine was able to find a certain peace in her suffering, a peace I am only starting to understand. Her example is a wonderful legacy for our kids to embrace and take through their lives. Thank you for reading today’s blog.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Wednesday: We pray the Glorious Mysteries:

The Glorious Mysteries

1. The Resurrection (Faith) –Mark 16:1-8
2. The Ascension (Hope) –Luke 24:50-53
3. The Descent of the Holy Spirit (Love) –Acts 2:1-4
4. The Assumption of Our Lady (A Happy Death) –Rev 12:1-6
5. The Coronation of Mary (Mary’s intercession) –Judith 15:9-10

Glory and Honor and Praise to You Lord Jesus Christ!