Thursday, January 11, 2018

You Can Make Me Clean

BEADS OF JOY 01-11-18
“You Can Make Me Clean”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

 My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Mark 1:40-45 (Cleansing of a Leper)
“And a leper came to him begging him, and kneeling said to him, "If you will, you can make me clean." Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him, and said to him, "I will; be clean." And immediately the leprosy left him, and he was made clean. And he sternly charged him, and sent him away at once, and said to him, "See that you say nothing to any one; but go, show yourself to the priest, and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, for a proof to the people." But he went out and began to talk freely about it, and to spread the news, so that Jesus could no longer openly enter a town, but was out in the country; and people came to him from every quarter.”

Reflection:
I would guess that I will never ever honestly understand God’s choices, which I am sure are based on His Will when it comes to healing. But, that’s ok, I am not here, to question God and want answers; instead I shall share His love and seek out all the goodness He has placed in my life. Believe it or not, throughout Chrissy’s near 6 years of suffering, she was healed many times. Most certainly when we were told 3 times she was going to die.

I believe in my heart that her experience of suffering had many purposes in His Will. For starters it deepened our families already strong prayer life. But, most importantly Christine’s Hope, that she shared with others along her journey brought Hope to their struggle. Time and time again when we were at the doctors or waiting to get a PET scan or she was sitting in Chemo. Chrissy had a smile and joy that glowed (it wasn’t the chemo), and she always talked, shared and encouraged others who were in her shoes going through what she was going through, to Trust in the Lord. She explained how her faith and her family and her friends, were her strength. We cried and laughed a lot in waiting rooms; because knowingly or unknowingly, she had a mission to be there for those suffering.

Chrissy use to refer to those she encountered, to a specific test to ask for or about something or a question they should ask their oncologist. She always had her trusty little notebook with her, with all the information she needed to help them. Christine always use to say to me, “I didn’t expect that today in the waiting room.” I always suggested to her, “You should start a ministry to those who are suffering who need healing from someone like you, who understands.” She would say, “No, I don’t have time for that, we have a family and I want to spend all my time with you guys.” I could understand her realty of knowing her time here was short. But with all this said, she did have a ministry, one that came from her heart and that little notebook. I only helped encourage her to talk to people, she did so graciously and lovingly, wanting so much to help them through their anxiety and suffering. Anxiety and suffering that Chrissy knew only too well.

Pondering these thoughts today: A year has gone by now, and I have shared so much about her. I think the right thing to do in honor of my love for Christine is to write and share Her Story, of cause from my vantage point. I do know every single step of her journey. We spent 30 years together and the last six years of her life, we practically spent every second together. Our PCP (we had the same doctor) use to say, “You two are inseparable, I always see you both together all of the time.” We would just smile. There is truly so much to share, from her journey and choice to be a Catholic, to making rosary beads and her motherhood raising 5 kids; which our kids I am sure will love to chime in on. But Chrissy’s true character shined most during her suffering. She was loved and adored dearly by everyone. Whenever most people seen just me, they always asked about Chrissy. I still occasionally get that from someone who don’t know she passed away. I promise I will work on Her Story. I know many of you who private message me, ask so much about her.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Thursday: We pray the Luminous Mysteries:

The Luminous Mysteries

1. The Baptism of Jesus (Matt 3:13-17)
2. Wedding Feast of Cana (John 2:1-12)
3. Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:15)
4. The Transfiguration (Mark 9:2-13)
5. Institution of the Holy Eucharist (Matt 26:17-30)

Glory and Honor and Praise -Lord Jesus Christ!!