Saturday, January 6, 2018

The Son of God

BEADS OF JOY 01-06-18
“The Son of God”
©2018 James Dacey, Jr. OFS

My Friends,


Today’s Gospel: Luke 3:23-38 (The Genealogy of Jesus)
“Jesus, when he began his ministry, was about thirty years of age, being the son (as was supposed) of Joseph, the son of Heli, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Melchi, the son of Jan'na-i, the son of Joseph, the son of Mattathi'as, the son of Amos, the son of Nahum, the son of Esli, the son of Nag'ga-i, the son of Ma'ath, the son of Mattathi'as, the son of Sem'e-in, the son of Josech, the son of Joda, the son of Jo-an'an, the son of Rhesa, the son of Zerub'babel, the son of She-al'ti-el, the son of Neri, the son of Melchi, the son of Addi, the son of Cosam, the son of Elma'dam, the son of Er, the son of Joshua, the son of Elie'zer, the son of Jorim, the son of Matthat, the son of Levi, the son of Simeon, the son of Judah, the son of Joseph, the son of Jonam, the son of Eli'akim, the son of Me'le-a, the son of Menna, the son of Mat'tatha, the son of Nathan, the son of David, the son of Jesse, the son of Obed, the son of Bo'az, the son of Sala, the son of Nahshon, the son of Ammin'adab, the son of Admin, the son of Arni, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah, the son of Jacob, the son of Isaac, the son of Abraham, the son of Terah, the son of Nahor, the son of Serug, the son of Re'u, the son of Peleg, the son of Eber, the son of Shelah, the son of Ca-i'nan, the son of Arphax'ad, the son of Shem, the son of Noah, the son of Lamech, the son of Methuselah, the son of Enoch, the son of Jared, the son of Maha'lale-el, the son of Ca-i'nan, the son of Enos, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.”

Reflection:
Today’s gospel is so exiting. I love the study of genealogy. I could spend hours learning the history of who we are and where do our roots begin. I have allotted to it many times, but I am my Families Historian. My Uncle Al, one of my dad’s older brothers was our original Family Historian; but back then, in the early 90’ (1990’s) lol, we didn’t have the research tools we have now. So, I began to truly seek a desire to learn about my family; my true hunger for knowledge about who we are began in 1983 (within the journey of My Story). So, for almost a decade, Uncle Al and I use to spend hours and days and even weekends going over all the history he knew. He even wrote a book explaining our journey to America in 1875. He passed away in 2000, I am so blessed to have had such a wonderful time learning from him. His excitement about our family heritage was so contagious, I still get so wound up when I learn more details about my family.

In today’s gospel we are so blessed, we actually get to read and even research if we so desire, the genealogy of Jesus, our Lord. This is so amazing and incredible. Early on, when I began my spiritual journey I always wondered about the family roots of Joseph and Mary. As I began my journey I found many scriptures and I began to see how connected and complete the Bible really is. The Old Testament was preparing the way for Jesus for the New Testament. This genealogy and linage of Jesus shows us the human side of our Lord. Indeed, the humanity of Jesus Christ is the culmination, of all the people that led up to Him throughout scripture. I do recommend if you have the opportunity, to either read or study the Old Testament, it will fill your hearts with so much joy, seeing the connection.

Yes, family history and trying to make family trees can be daunting and confusing at times. I taught myself how to understand all that, I found it to be fun, I guess because I really wanted to understand it. Who is the father of who? ...and wait, why do so many people have the same name? Yes, the confusing part of family history that I have found most intriguing; is that certain names get used over and over and over again. That is funny in an odd curious sort of way. And in most of my finding in my own research there wasn’t always, Sr, Jr, III, IV. No, they didn’t always do that. Case and point. Chrissy’s grandfather on her dad’s side was Charles Mersereau and so the confusion began; every single Charles had a father named Charles for almost 6 generations back and some of them named their son Charles, talk about confusion. But, with all that said; it was still so much fun to research and even learn all of that.

Pondering these thoughts today: Have you ever wondered about your own family heritage? About your family tree? Who are the people that came before you? What kind of faith did they live by? Some of that information can be found in research, but most of the time, the depths of those details come from what the family has shared and passed down through the years. How do you want to be remembered for future generations in your family? Would you like to be a beacon of faith? You know you could be. Do you want to maybe one-day, help inspire the faith of your great, great, great, great grandchild; because of the life you led and the stories of your life that you have shared? Journal or write down your stories, your experiences and you will have a legacy to pass on. I strongly encourage you to begin your legacy of faith.

This is My Story, this is where my interest and desire to learn more about my family heritage all began. My life is devoted to the Rosary; what I have found, is that so many people in my family were to. I found it through writings, sharing and what experiences I remember as a child.


LOVE YOU GUYS !!!!

Your brother in Christ Jesus 
And His Most Blessed Mother,
Jim (The Rosary Man) Dacey Jr OFS

Today is Saturday: We pray the Joyful Mysteries:

The Joyful Mysteries

1. The Annunciation (Humility) – Luke 1:26-28
2. The Visitation (Love of Neighbor) – Luke 1:39-45
3. The Birth of Jesus (Poverty of Spirit) – Luke 2:1-20
4. The Presentation (Purity of Mind and Spirit) – Luke 2:22-38
5. Finding in The Temple (Obedience) –Luke 2:41-50

I simply love Saturday mornings, because Saturday like every other day of the week -begins with the Rosary.